Manager of Technical Accounting
Company: Penn National Gaming
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Manager of Technical Accounting will have responsibility for
researching technical accounting matters for Penn National Gaming,
Inc. This individual will report to the Assistant Director of
Technical Accounting and will consult often with relevant
stakeholders, including the Director of Financial Reporting and
Technical Accounting and the VP of Financial Reporting and
Accounting, external and internal auditors, as well as to
individuals working in other functional or commercial business
areas, including but not limited to, Business Development, Planning
& Analysis and Legal. This position will also assist in updating,
integrating and maintaining enterprise-wide accounting policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be
- Assists in the assessment and implementation of new accounting
- Actively monitors and researches new and existing accounting
literature on GAAP.
- Documents, communicates and ensures that business units are in
compliance with applicable accounting standards, including
preparation of related memoranda ensuring appropriate accounting
for actual and proposed transactions.
- Assists in maintaining and reviewing lease schedules and
related accounting entries.
- Assists in the preparation of ASC 350 and ASC 360 impairment
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from accredited four-year college
in accounting or related field; or five to eight years of related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- 4+ years with a Big 4 accounting firm preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment on multiple
assignments with tight deadlines, particularly at quarter ends
Please view the job posting/description or a complete list of
responsibilities and minimum requirements.
Keywords: Penn National Gaming, Las Vegas , Manager of Technical Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!