100% Remote Senior Accountant
Company: Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Senior Accountant - Remote opportunity with AMAZING
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an International Non-profit with an amazing
mission, located in Portland.
- Due to a promotion, they are hiring for a key role in Finance.
The growth opportunities across the organization are strong.
- This innovative organization is always striving to improve in
all areas; technology, staff development, facilities, benefit
- One Glassdoor reviewer had these things to say:
"Mission-driven, humble and extremely talented employees. Teams are
collaborative and don't appear to work in silos. Budget conscious
and strategic leadership Fundraising leadership with extensive
field experience. Open and honest communication with donors and
beneficiaries. Diversity and inclusion prioritized. First-rate
- The company is known for investing in their employees and
promoting from within.
- They offer excellent benefits, including retirement savings,
company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending
account, and competitive base salaries
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Assists with the research, interpretation and adoption of new
accounting standards and amendments. Prepares technical accounting
memos, as needed.
- Assists with application of US GAAP for major transactions and
separate legal entities.
- Performs research to evaluate and compare accounting standards
from other jurisdictions (ex. IFRS) with US GAAP.
- Prepares and supports required technical accounting and tax
work papers as required.
- Responsible for performing various accounting functions as
assigned in accordance with internal controls, procedures and
policies of the accounting department.
- Manages and supports subsidiary entity ledgers and post-closing
- Serves as backup for routine balance sheet accounting
- Backfills for accounting positions through routine review of
documentation and supports the implementation of new system
- Assists in developing accounting and finance policies
consistent with US GAAP.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- BA/BS in accounting with an active CPA license is
- 5+ years of accounting experience is required, public
accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP (not for profit experience
preferred), accounting systems and accounting software is
- Demonstrated ability to research technical accounting issues is
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search
or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the
chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in
placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our
positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for
more information about this role as well as other
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing (CFS), Las Vegas , 100% Remote Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!