Corporate Tax Manager (Remote Option)
Company: Marcum LLP
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There's a lot to think about when it comes to launching your
accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity,
a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work
options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment
that values your contributions and supports your professional
As a Marcum team member, you'll receive a benefits package that
includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term
disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts,
and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k)plan with
an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Manager, with Individual
international cross-border experience, to join our growing and
well-established national firm in our Philadelphia, PA office. The
position requires a high-energy, experienced tax professional with
strong interpersonal and supervisory skills, and experience with
foreign tax credits, tax treaties, and foreign financial reporting.
Knowledge of Tax Equalization calculations is a plus.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities
in an environment of the highest ethical standards and
professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance
and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative individual
tax planning, including international cross border consulting and
compliance services in a timely and effective manner
- Specialization and experience in both individual returns and flow
through entity tax areas
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements in
individual and partnership taxation.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication,
managing deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving
- Provide proper representation with taxing authorities for clients
under federal or state examination. Possess strong writing skills
for responding to problem resolutions for tax notices.
- Work closely with Partners, Principals, Directors, Senior
Managers and staff on client management, professional development
and business development activities
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance
and engagement reviews
- Be involved in practice development efforts of the firm.
- Provide on the job training to subordinates
- Assist partners with preparation of engagement budgets, client
billing and staff performance reviews
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes and quality
control procedures are being executed.
- Must have outstanding work ethic, willing to roll up sleeves work
- Attend professional development and continuing educations
sessions on a regular basis
- Ability to articulately communicate professional technical
- Effective business advisory skills
- Decisively identify and execute solutions to problems
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize,
prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills foster
client and staff relations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal
- BBA/BS in Accounting
- Masters in Taxation degree or LLM in Taxation a plus
- CPA certification required with 5+ years tax experience
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review,
tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research
- Experience in the international individual tax areas, including
all Global Mobility issues is a plus
- Experience with application of Double Tax Treaties is as plus
- Experience with application of Totalization Agreements is a
- Experience in application of Tax Equalization policies a plus
- Experience in Foreign Bank Account Reporting is a plus
- Experience in Reporting of Specified Foreign Financial Assets,
Passive Foreign Investment Companies, and Foreign Partnerships is a
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client
- Flexibility to travel between the New England offices and client
locations. All candidates must have their own personal vehicle for
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry,
national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under the law.
Keywords: Marcum LLP, Las Vegas , Corporate Tax Manager (Remote Option), Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!