Cost Accountant / Remote
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
This position is a crucial member of both our finance and
operations teams. They ensure proper accounting and controls
execution in each of our plants and are also excellent analysts who
provide insightful analysis. This role is responsible for ensuring
accurate books and records, as well as identifying and implementing
process and cost improvements.
Option to work remotely for qualified candidates.
- Month end close, including journal entries, balance sheet
reconciliations and review, and reporting.
- Partner and engage with operations management by developing
reporting and providing insight and analysis. Including monthly and
quarterly reporting to leadership.
- Ensuring adherence to internal controls and SOX framework.
- Champion continuous improvement and support our Lean
- Key player in budget process, standard costing, and variance
- Support cycle counts and physical inventory processes.
- Manage fixed asset and capital expenditures.
- Ad hoc reporting and tracking of business and productivity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- Four or more years of accounting/finance experience
(manufacturing a plus)
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- General knowledge in both GAAP and SOX
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and cost savings
- Initiative, Sense of Urgency, Adaptability and Flexibility
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What We Offer
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the
long-term. STERIS couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by
providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition
assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit,
and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- On site parking and electrical vehicle charging stations
- Free shuttle from public transportation to plant
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
- 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: STERIS, Las Vegas , Cost Accountant / Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!