FGP - Billing Representative **On Site, Las Vegas**
Company: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP - Billing
Rep I - A/R (WEST).
In this role, the successful candidate submits claims, follows-up
on unpaid balances (insurance or patient), corrects errors, enters
claim information, submits authorization/precertification requests
with insurance companies, follows up on denied claims and/or
authorizations, and submits appeals as necessary.Job
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Perform billing tasks assigned by management which may include
data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable
follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
- Provide input on system edits, processes, policies, and billing
procedures to ensure maximization of revenues.
- Perform daily tasks in assigned work queues and according to
- Identify payer, provider credentialing, and/or coding issues
and address them with management.
- Follow workflows provided in training classes and request
additional training as needed.
- Utilize CBO Pathways as guide for determining actions needed to
resolve unpaid or incorrectly paid claims and/or for authorizing
procedures in assigned workqueue(s) using payer websites, billing
system information and training within expected timeframe.
- Review reports to identify revenue opportunities and unpaid
- Adhere to general practices and FGP guidelines on compliance
issues and patient confidentiality.
- Communicate with providers, patients, coders, or other
responsible persons to ensure that claims are correctly processed
by third party payers.
- Work following operational policies and procedures, and
- Participate in workgroups and meetings. Attend all required
training classes. Escalate issues to management as needed. Maintain
confidentiality. Read and apply policies and procedures to make
appropriate decisions. Coordinate functions and work cooperatively
with others. Explain processes and procedures to others; performs
other related duties as assigned.
- Make appropriate corrections to system to satisfy/edit payer
requirements and re-submit claims as needed.
- Cross cover other areas in the office as assigned by management
including Accounts Receivable/Denials, Customer Service or
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 utilized in medical billing, or medical
billing experience a plus, English usage, grammar and spelling;
Keywords: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent, Las Vegas , FGP - Billing Representative **On Site, Las Vegas**, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!