Supervisor Billing - Remote in Multiple Location
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 12, 2023
If you are located within -Newtown Square, PA, Atlanta, GA,
Tampa, FL, Miramar, FL, or Greensboro, NC, you will have the
flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by
technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The
work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by
connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and
resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a
culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers,
comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come
make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance
health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring.
Connecting. Growing together.
Responsible for management of non-exempt direct personnel to ensure
departmental goals are achieved. Accountable to ensure staff
adheres to and is trained on all financial and compliance
requirements. Responsible for driving employee engagement,
innovation and continuous improvements within the team.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required
to work our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm EST. It may be
necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or
weekends. Our office is located at Newtown Square, PA, Atlanta, GA,
Tampa, FL, Miramar, FL, or Greensboro, NC.
We offer weeks of paid training. The hours during training is to be
discussed. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Oversee two functional teams of approximately 15-20
- Responsible for day-to-day client billing and customer service
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting productivity as well
as quality measures of the teams.
- Responsible for setting individual objectives to meet
- Responsible for motivating and engaging team members.
- Responsible for providing development plans and engage team on
performance management steps when applicable.
- Responsible for on-going communication weekly and monthly
through individual as well as team meetings.
- Responsible for delivering coaching and performance reviews to
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained to perform
multiple job functions.
- Ability to research issues and provide guidance and feedback to
the team to assist in resolving complex billing issues and customer
complaints to ensure all steps are followed for full
- Responsible for developing and updating job aides or standard
operating procedures for all processes.
- Ensure that team meets all corporate mandated training
requirements (compliance, safety, etc.)
- Hire replacement staff to ensure adequate resources, if
- Candidate should have prior knowledge and experience in the
Healthcare and billing industry.
- Ability to analyze data, trend results and summarize in
- Ability to multi-task and ensure all deliverables are met
- Represent client billing function in meetings with internal and
- Responsible for maintaining and building positive relationships
between the team and internal as well as external customers.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) -
- 2+ years of experience working in the healthcare
- 2+ years of billing functional experience
- 1+ years of Call Center and/or Customer Service
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM -
5:00 PM EST Monday - Friday
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ Team Lead experience
- Laboratory billing experience
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables,
VLOOKUP, filtering / sorting spreadsheets)
- Ability to work onsite in offices located in Newtown Square,
PA, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Miramar, FL, or Greensboro, NC 1-2 days
- Reside within Newtown Square, PA, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL,
Miramar, FL, or Greensboro, NC
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group
approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing
high-speed internet service
- Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas, material
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal
- Hard worker, quick learner, and ability to assume
- Work well under pressure as part of a team
- Ability to positively influence staff to drive results in
achieving goals and objectives.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Las Vegas , Supervisor Billing - Remote in Multiple Location, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!