Senior Catering Sales Manager - Market Growth
Company: The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's
portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value
exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the
hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location Employment Status Full-Time
Overview The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting
new catering accounts, entertaining and sustaining relationships
with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she
must have a strong knowledge of weddings and understand the
importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for
the hotel. He/she is also responsible to coordinate and service
client functions to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining
profitable operations and high quality products and service levels.
Candidates must be comfortable in problem solving with client
relationships and event management. Responsibilities
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all turnovers within 24 hours via telephone and
within 3 days with written correspondence.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Respond to Catering inquires immediately.
- Use the Partnership Agreement to meet client needs.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments
within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio
visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client
re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage the function diary and adjust space in order to ensure
maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
(One-to-One Training, etc.)
- Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with
the Director of Catering.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4year college degree and at least 2 year
of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Proficiency in Delphi preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, Las Vegas , Senior Catering Sales Manager - Market Growth, Accounting, Auditing , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!