Technical Writer - Top Secret Clearance
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Wanted: an experienced technical writer to prepare,
edit, and produce a variety of technical, non-technical,
and other types of documents in accordance with
documented standards. The Technical Writer is
responsible for providing tactful, professional
assistance to authors with minimal or no experience in
the technical writing/editing process. This position
must demonstrate the ability to recognize problem areas
within a document and assist writer in solving them.
This position assists with all aspects of technical
writing, including, creating and maintaining documents,
procedures, and processes for technical-writing
As the Technical Writer, you will:
* Perform editing duties both independently and in a
* Join a collaborative, energetic, team-focused
* Be part of an employee-owned company that invests in
A week in the life of the Technical Writer includes:
* Proofread, revise, and edit a variety of technical
information in support of DoD government contracts.
* Adhere to customer specific style preferences,
guidelines, and standards.
* Ensure all products meet the definitions and
standards of quality and are in full compliance with
established or newly approved requirements.
* Collaborate with authors and subject matter experts
to verify technical and non-technical content
maintains the appropriate contextual meaning during
* Meet production and deliverable timelines while
maintaining responsiveness and high level of
* Track deliverable approvals and archive document IAW
AMERICAN SYSTEMS and Government Records Management
Guidelines and polices.
* Deliver approved deliverables to the customer in a
* Support the editing and production of technical
* Compile inputs and create Monthly Status Reports in
support of multiple projects for multiple customers.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* U.S. Citizenship
* Top Secret Clearance
* Bachelor s degree in English, Communication,
Journalism or related discipline
* Proven successful experience as a technical
writer/editor or proofreader
* Experience functioning in a quality-controlled
* Experience supporting Department of Defense
technical programs and projects.
* Proven track record of exceptional grammar,
language, spelling, and proofreading skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Project, Adobe, SharePoint and related Microsoft
* Experience working in a major Test and Evaluation
(T&E) / DoD organization
* Certification in technical writing or related field
* Certification for Microsoft Office Word (Specialist,
Expert, or Master)
* A good understanding of DoD terminology and writing
* A highly motivated self-starter who can provide
superior text editing for a variety of documents and
* Able to multitask and adjust quickly to ensure
optimal performance in a fast-paced environment.
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Las Vegas , Technical Writer - Top Secret Clearance, Advertising , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!