Senior to Principal Lighting Artist - Remote
Company: Lost Boys Interactive
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully
remote home to bring your AAA lighting skills and experience, look
no further! Bring your passion for creating beautiful and
compelling lighting tableaus and we'll provide an amazing team for
you to work with, along with a great environment and exciting AAA
game jobs to work on. We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in
Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, (Full remote work available
from any state in the US!) providing top-tier development for our
partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects!
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and
Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their
experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the
kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start
your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA
experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys
Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build beautiful real-time lighting for environments, interiors,
character and props for our AAA games.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to
establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Partner with the various discipline leads to define a cohesive,
visionary look for Lost Boys titles.
- proactively seek opportunities to elevate the game, enjoy
improving workflows using emerging technologies, embrace
constructive feedback, and thrive in a highly collaborative
- Challenge yourself to use the most efficient lighting approach
possible without sacrificing visual quality
- Drive the quality and visual standards across multiple
platforms and support the technical development for Lost Boys
- Contribute ideas and visual concepts to the visual development
of the project
- Use a wide variety of lighting technologies, from highly
accurate real-time raytracing down to pre-baked lightmaps.
- Manage multiple complex tasks Asset export and implementation
into Unreal Engine
What you bring to our island:
- 5 or more years experience working in AAA games with shipped
titles is a must for this role
- An understanding of PBR lighting theory, current game tech and
- Familiarity with optimization and tuning adjustments for
performance to stay within technical budgets across multiple
- Experience with lighting in the UE4 pipeline, including a
desire to learn and develop hands-on skills working in
- An understanding of spatial composition and lighting techniques
that influence mood, tone, and aesthetic within a scene (natural
lighting, key lighting, three point, etc.)
- A demonstrated understanding of rendering principles for human
skin, hair, and clothing.
- Experience collaborating with object/character/environment
modelers, VFX artists, and rendering engineers to develop new
solutions/tools/tech/pipelines. We are very collaborative!
- Some proficiency in industry-standard software such as Maya,
ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, and Photoshop.
You'll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing
games you'll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today
and become part of the Lost Boys adventure! Lost Boys Interactive
LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Lost Boys Interactive, Las Vegas , Senior to Principal Lighting Artist - Remote, Advertising , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!