Company: Adtalem Global Education Inc
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Opportunity at a GlanceDo you rememberthe professorwho
encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the
successful nurse professional you are today? Now you can be that
professor with Chamberlain College of Nursing where our mission is
to provide extraordinary care for students. Every day you can
create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that
may forever influence their nursing careers.As part of
Chamberlain's nursing faculty team, benefits include:
- A competitive salary with the opportunity for annual merit
- Immediate benefits eligibility on the FIRST day of employment,
including medical, dental, visionand 401K with a 6% company
- A generous PTO plan, including paid semester breaks, plus
additional personal time off and 12 holidays throughout the
- Tuition assistance and the opportunity for career
advancement.If you are passionate about nursingandadvancing your
career through the power of education,we encourage you to apply to
our Las Vegas campus-based position today.
ResponsibilitiesEvidence-Based Teaching/ Learning and Master
- Take responsibility for program outcomes by implementing the
College's philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through
classroom, online, clinical teaching, and service to the
University, community, health system and profession.
- Develop curricular/teaching innovations in the annual
preparation and revision of assigned course(s).
- Assume responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual
- Monitor clinical agencies for appropriateness for student
clinical experiences and ability to meet clinical course
- Plan clinical experiences for and provide direct/ indirect
supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing
care to an individual or group of individuals.
- In cooperation with clinical agencies and University
departments, provide oversight for clinical preceptors/ mentors for
student clinical experiences and coordinates and evaluate those
- Provide documented feedback to students on level of performance
based on course outcomes.
- Provide student remediation within assigned courses.
- Communicate up-to-date information about agency/clinical
policies, procedures, and expectations
- Post developed clinical assignments consistent with student's
knowledge base, skill competency and learning needs.Professional
Role Model/ Chamberlain University Care
- Serve as a positive professional role model for students,
assisting in their professional/social development.
- Serve as an informal leader, mentor, and role model for other
faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration,
communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Mentor new faculty members.Commitment to Professional Nursing
- Participate in professional activities outside the
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of
the programs and the philosophy of the University.
- Participate in academic advisement and counseling for an
assigned group of students while participating in assessment of
potential and real counseling concerns for all students with whom
the faculty come into contact.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of student
admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within
- Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of
curriculum and teaching and program effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations to the program leader regarding
budgetary needs for the University.
- Demonstrate significant leadership within the University by
accepting or initiating, as part of the workload, responsibility
for activities such as:Chairing or serving on University
committeesChairing and/ or serving on work groups that contribute
to preparation for accreditation visitsGathering and analyzing data
related to course, curriculum and program review to foster
continuous quality improvementServing as course coordinator, course
lead or Subject Matter Expert (SME)Documenting actions taken in
faculty and committee meetings as appropriateNursing Practice
- Demonstrate scholarship through the Scholarship of Teaching,
Discovery, Application, or Integration congruent with expectations
of assigned rank.
- Demonstrate a practice of scholarly teaching characterized by
keeping course materials and content current, applying principles
of evidence based teaching, participating in and welcoming peer
review of teaching, and reflection on one's own teaching.Complete
other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Nursing*
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience working in a clinical
- Prior teaching experience
- Experientially prepared to teach assigned courses
- A passion for teaching and openness to teaching a variety of
- Maintain current regulatory and practice credentials, when
appropriate, based on assignment
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of
initiative and prudent judgment
- Scholarship Requirements: Demonstrates scholarship congruent
with the level of rank.*Education and experience must align with
regulations in the state and comply with the rules and regulations
of state authorization agencies, which may include the higher
education board and/or licensing board in multiple states.EEOWe are
proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome
everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.Who We
AreChamberlain Universityhas a 130-year history and the mission to
educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who
advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations.
We're 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed
with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in
today's complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care,
we've built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and
we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform
the health of people worldwide.Our regionally accredited University
is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health
Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online
post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to
BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six
Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our
College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master
of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a
Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain
University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at.Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionWe pride ourselves in nurturing a culture
that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each
day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be
impactful. We don't just welcome differences, we celebrate
them.#WeAreAdtalemTo learn more about our commitment toDiversity
and Inclusion,to visit our Diversity page.
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education Inc, Las Vegas , Associate Professor, Education / Teaching , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!