Elementary School Teacher (K - 5)
Company: Clark County School District
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: July 12, 2018
The teacher will implement into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum based on the Nevada State Standards and the CCSD Curriculum Essentials Framework (CEF). The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the CCSD Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the school site administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administration, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary classroom.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by principal.
Education and Training:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Certified in relevant subject area.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
For more information call (702) 799-5427 or visit www.Teach.Vegas to apply.
Keywords: Clark County School District, Las Vegas, Elementary School Teacher (K - 5), Education / Teaching, Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!