Engineer - Cyber Security CFI
Company: Las Vegas Sands Corp.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 21, 2021
The primary responsibility of the Engineer - Cyber Security is
to design, implement, and support the company's overall information
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and
Las Vegas Sands' policies, practices and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Configures, implements, and troubleshoots a wide variety of
cyber security devices
- Implement and maintain cyber tools
- Monitor cyber tools' health
- Monitor and respond to output from cyber tools
- Tune tools for optimum performance and business focused
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Capacity planning for cyber devices
- Respond to events/incidents with knowledge, efficiency, and
- Create and participate in cyber security practice
- Identify and define system security requirements for a
heterogeneous computing environment (Microsoft, IBM, Linux,
proprietary OS, Industrial Control Systems)
- Design cyber security architecture in accordance with IT
architects and current and forward-looking network design
- Create, develop, and maintain detailed cyber security design
- Prepare, document, and maintain standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with team members and business teams to
- Configure and troubleshoot cyber security devices
- Submit and respond to tickets from an automated ticketing
- Prepare change management items and participate in the Change
Approval Board (CAB) meetings
- Create and maintain metrics
- Participate in incident response activities
- Create various types of reports and present to a varied
- Stay current on malware, infiltration and investigative
techniques, forensics, and the threat environment
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Minimum
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Nevada Gaming Control
Board Registration and any other certification or license, as
required by law or policy.
- 3 years of experience in cyber security or information
- Experience in at least 4 of the following:
- System Administration
- Network Administration
- Installing and implementing security appliances
- Capacity planning
- Network architecture
- Cyber forensics
- Data Loss Prevention
- Firewall administration
- IDS/IPS installation, implementation and maintenance
- Vulnerability and security configuration scanning
- Vulnerability and configuration exploit software
- Anti-virus an anti-malware hardware and software
- SIEM installation, implementation and maintenance
- Cyber incident response
- Secure configuration management
- Threat intelligence
- Metrics development
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and a team player collaborating with a
team that spans the globe
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members,
management, senior management and consultants both verbally and in
- Must be able to create and document network and system
- Must be able to write understandable procedures
- Must be able to respond to calls as needed (24/7)
- Must be able to design, install and implement cyber
infrastructure solutions that integrate with the existing
- Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor when faced with chaotic
- Knowledge of networking concepts and principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with guests and other Team Members of different
backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends
Physical RequirementsMust be able to:
- Lift or carry 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of
specific tasks, as assigned.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet
deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests,
management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch,
bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors
such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette
Keywords: Las Vegas Sands Corp., Las Vegas , Engineer - Cyber Security CFI, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!