Tire / Service Technician
Company: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It
employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49
facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation
Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to
develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the
technology and performance standard for the industry. For more
information about Goodyear and its products, go to
http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.Goodyear is seeking a Tire /
Service Technician to join our Innovation Lab team in Las Vegas. As
part of Goodyear's innovation network, the Innovation Lab has a
mission to connect with automakers, suppliers and mobility-related
startups to build better products and data-driven service models
for fleets, autonomous vehicles and other mobility
applications.This role will be tasked with:
- Performing all tire and wheel related services while following
Goodyear's "Good to Go Policy"
- Performing oil changes and conduct additional automotive
- Performing non-technical automotive services while ensuring
Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels are achieved
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment by performing
cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep in the entire facility
- Communicating with customers, team members, and supervisor
- Mount and balance tire and wheel assemblies.
- Perform tire repairs and tire rotations.
- Stock tires and dispose of used tires.
- Perform oil, lube, and filter services.
- Perform under the hood fluid changes and power flushes.
- Complete services based on automotive preventative
- Complete non-technical vehicle services such as wiper and light
- Perform vehicle cleaning and general inspecitons.
- Complete new techiques and services as assigned based on
- Driving of company and customer vehicles as needed to complete
- Maintain standards in the area of service, safety, and
- Use protective equipment when operating machinery and manual
- Ensure the environment is safe for all associates and complete
all safety training.
- Perform necessary maintenance and inspections on all tools,
equipment, and machines.
- Perform general cleaning and upkeep throughout the facility as
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, which includes
providing clear communication and feedback about customer
- Document all work performed through appropriate digital and
- Provide feedback and suggestions to team members to improve
processes and tools.
- Identify process improvements and new service opportunities,
and work with team members to make improvements Required Experience
- High School Diploma or GED. Valid driver's license.
- Entry level position into lab / shop environment
- Prior experience in general automotive experience
- Prior experience in laboratory or industrial facility
- Prior experience in automotive preventative maintenance
preferred Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform tasks or operate multiple equipment/machines
within any work day.
- Basic math and computer skills #LI-MR1#MO
Keywords: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co, Las Vegas , Tire / Service Technician, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!