Cloud Database Engineer - 100% Remote - USA
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the
World in 2021, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many
of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API modern card
issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for
industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan,
and Uber, to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment
operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who
take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta is
certified as a 2021-2022 Fortune Great Place to Work, highlighting
our company culture and open and collaborative work environment. We
power possibilities for our customers and each other by bringing
the brightest talent together to do the best work of our lives.
Marqeta strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we
serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone
Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality
First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single
candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please
apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your
career and opportunities will grow as well. Learn more about
Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn
As a Cloud Database Engineer, you will help us scale the technology
as our business continues to grow. You will help to innovate on
various aspects of the platform used by our engineering
organization to deliver high quality, highly scalable, and highly
secure products to our customers
What You'll Do
As a Cloud Database Engineer, you would help:
- Build and drive the technical vision for database design,
administration, maintenance, migration of the MySQL, PostgreSQL and
MongoDB databases used across Marqeta.
- Design the high availability database architecture, and
implementation efforts for migrating databases to AWS Cloud
- Design platform architecture, security model, backup and
recovery strategy, disaster planning and solutions and overall
documentation and periodic review of database standards, procedures
- Define automation goals of the DBA organization. Review of the
repeatable mundane activities which the team performs on a periodic
basis. Identify low hanging fruit and provide the strategy or tools
that would meet the automation needs.
- Keep automation as the primary focus and ensure the design is
tightly coupled with various automations to reduce the manual
- Provide guidance on capacity needs including but not limited to
Storage, CPU and memory forecasting, automation solution, disaster
recovery and planning solutions.
- Lead the root cause analysis, remediation and document efforts
to effectively minimize P1 incidents.
What We're Looking For
- Strong experience in Cloud infrastructure. We use AWS but
welcome experience in other Cloud environments.
- Expert database administrator supporting complex legacy,
vendor-based OLTP databases & modern database platforms including
open source and cloud.
- We use MySQL, PostGreSQL, MongoDB but welcome experience in
different RDBMS systems.
- Expert in automation and orchestration platforms (Ansible,
Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.). Hands on experience designing and
developing infrastructure and Database automation.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently and
effectively with clients and IT managers. Ability to self-drive
initiatives for the database organization that spans across the
- Team-oriented approach - can effectively lead a project as well
as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- AWS Certification(s)
- Any experience with scaling large, transactional systems and
data shading would be welcome.
- Production Experience with modern engineering, monitoring and
Benefits And Perks
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with Company contribution
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Free perks programs that include, financial coaching, and ID
- Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes Town Hall meetings,
Lunch-and-Learns and more!
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and
- And for select regions; a monthly stipend to support our hybrid
work model, and pet insurance
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce,
Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or
employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized
protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or
The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal
data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the
application and candidate recruitment process.
Keywords: Marqeta, Las Vegas , Cloud Database Engineer - 100% Remote - USA, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!