Machine Learning Engineer - Provider Products - Remote (USA)
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Olive's AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system
by addressing healthcare's most burdensome issues -- delivering
hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and
increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and
healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to
outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and
siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new
light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between
providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing
insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and
effective. Olive's vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of
hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected
systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so
everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Provider Products addresses healthcare providers' challenges in
Revenue Cycle, Patient Access, Supply Chain, Pharmacy and Clinical
with the mission of building the Healthcare AI Workforce of the
future and implementing the Internet of Healthcare. Provider
Products has a robust set of products and technologies, at varying
stages of development, deployment and customer adoption.
As Olive's customer-facing machine learning team, Applied ML
partners with providers to build first-of-their-kind models and
machine learning systems that remove administrative burden and help
healthcare workers focus their effort where it's needed most. We
navigate the chaos inherent in healthcare data to make sense of
complex systems built on an ever-evolving landscape, and deliver
automated solutions within providers' existing workflows.
What You'll Do
- Develop algorithms, modeling techniques and tools to streamline
Applied ML's training processes
- Partner with leading healthcare experts to optimize the value
of clinical, claims and administrative data to address use cases
across all of Provider Products' functional areas
- Apply best-practices for data collection and labeling
techniques for training machine learning models
- Architect machine learning pipelines to automate model
retraining and deployment
- Implement mechanisms to automatically monitor and assess the
quality of machine learning models hosted on our cloud
- Create production-grade software systems utilizing up-to-date
software engineering and agile best practices
- Continuously learn and develop your expertise in machine
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you should have:
- Intense curiosity and be humble in the face of new
- Seek out creative ways of measuring success, and meet
contradictions in the data with the excitement of someone who knows
they're about to learn something new.
- Solid grounding in core machine learning and applied
statistical concepts and techniques.
- Experience with data collection, aggregation and labeling.
- High proficiency in Python. Experience with Sagemaker, iPython
Notebooks (Jupyter) and Spark a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate findings to technical and
- Experience building production machine learning models, and
deploying them to solve real-world challenges at scale.
- Familiarity with agile project management. Experience with Jira
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Physics, Applied Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or other related degree or experience
Preferred Skills/Experience Nice To Have
- Experience with Python ML tools: Keras, Pandas, Tensorflow 2+,
scikit-learn, py/Flask, spacy and Numpy
- Understanding of Continuous integration, testing, deployment &
- Healthcare experience and EHR knowledge
At Olive, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive
community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and
cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all
backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization.
Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only
apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive
encourages everyone - including women, people of color, individuals
with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community - to apply
for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check
every box on the job description.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and
consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work.
From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to
actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily
interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first
day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75%
covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Getaways by Marriott Bonvoy
- Family-building and fertility support via Kindbody
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness program
- Stock Options
Keywords: Olive, Las Vegas , Machine Learning Engineer - Provider Products - Remote (USA), Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!