Company: The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Overview:The primary responsibility of the Data
Engineer is to create and support data centric solutions, providing
business value from corporate data assets.The Data Engineer is
expected to maintain expertise across an application technology
stack (Microsoft SQL Server BI) as well as a technology domain
(BI/DW and Data Analytics) and have the ability to embrace and
leverage new technologies while working effectively with other
information technology professionals and business users to ensure
that the data solutions are stable, efficient and responsive to
business needs. All duties are to be performed in accordance with
departmental and The Venetian Resort's policies, practices, and
procedures. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, deliver and support Data Warehouse and ETL
structures and solutions
- Act as an internal consultant, providing architecture, vision,
problem anticipation, and problem solving for the assigned
project(s), as well as a Subject Matter Expertise for data and
- Provide L3 application and on-call support for data and
- Participate and at times lead project teams within an agile
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives concurrently,
including application and on call support, minor projects, major
projects, functional requirements, systems specifications and
subject matter expertise.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation for delivered solutions
and processes, integrating documentation with corporate
- In partnership with the Product Management team, provide
subject matter expertise for determining business requirements to
address business opportunities or issues across business functions
for data centric solutions.
- Maintain familiarity with technological trends and innovations
in the data warehousing and data management domains.
- Interpret and satisfy business needs by building and enhancing
systems to transform, cleanse and provision corporate data assets
in a governed, secure and high performance manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for data and analytics.
- Participate in the ongoing Data Management maturation
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call
availability on a rotational basis is an essential function of this
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Company Standards of
ConductAll The Venetian Resort Team Members are expected to conduct
and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team
Members are required to observe the Company's standards, work
requirements and rules of conduct. Minimum Qualifications
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming Control Board
Registration and any other certification or license, as required by
law or policy.
- 4 years ETL experience using SQL Server SSIS 2008r2-2014.
- 5 years with T-SQL programming.
- Must understand Relational and Dimensional database
- Must exhibit a high level of mastery of the Microsoft BI Stack,
including: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint, PowerPivot, etc.
- Should be experienced in automated file handling with ETL tools
via FTP and other means.
- Should have administrative experience with SQL Server
- Prefer experience with Java or .NET development; C#, ASP.NET,
scripting languages, and web site operations is a plus.
- Prefer experience with key concepts of Data Management such as
Data Quality and MDM.
- Experience with Data Preparation for Data Science a plus.
- Experience with Big Data, Advanced Analytic techniques and Real
Time data a plus .
- Must be willing and capable of adopting new technologies and
paradigms such as Big Data technologies (Hadoop, hive, etc.), event
based analytics, etc.
- Experience with analytic tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, SAS,
Cognos a plus.
- Prefer TFS and Agile experience (SCRUM).
- Prefer gaming and hospitality experience.
- Must be able to adhere to SOPs and methodologies, and be
willing to improve them when necessary.
- Must have strong organizational skills, customer service focus,
attention to detail, and process orientation.
- Good working knowledge of Windows/Enterprise
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with guests and other Team Members of different
backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends
and holidays.Physical RequirementsMust be able to:
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet
deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests,
management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch,
bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors
such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette
Keywords: The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, Las Vegas , Data Engineer, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!