Minimum 20k Sign-On Bonus - Senior Wireless Communications Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20,000.00 Sign-On
**Sign-On Bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**About
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The RF Products Department is
currently searching for Electrical Engineers who have experience
designing wireless communication and data links. This role includes
design and test activities that span preliminary design to
integration. Products we develop support datalink applications on a
variety of tactical missile programs.The Data Link subsystems team
develops the next generation of high capacity, covert, and agile
data links. From space based to terrestrial RF links, Raytheon
develops RF data link subsystems for the most challenging
environments. As a member of this team within the RF Products
department your tasks may include:
- Communications systems design
- Data link hardware development
- Algorithm development
- Digital signal processingWe value diverse skills and
experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add
tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different
backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about
what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Perform and/or evaluate concept and performance trade studies,
link budget analyses and demonstrate developed capabilities for
data link communication applications.
- Perform hardware and software Communication Architecture trade
- Develop, prototype, and test data link models and communication
signal processing algorithms in detailed high fidelity simulations
and support hardware implementation.
- Testing, verifying and validating communication and signal
processing algorithm requirements and performance in laboratory or
field test environments.
- Provide engineering support through participation in project
design reviews, peer reviews, briefings to internal leadership and
external customers for all phases of development
tasks.Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in programming and /
or simulation experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, or equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience and / or coursework with two or
more of the following:
- Communication theory
- Digital signal processing
- Probability theory
- Stochastic signal processing
- RF and electromagnetic theory
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Qualifications We
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering with a focus in digital communications, communications
systems design, data link hardware development, waveform algorithm
development, and or digital signal processing.
- Experience with system engineering of RF subsystems.
- Experience with waveform simulations using modulations schemes
such as: PSK, FSK, OFDM, and QAM.
- Familiar with common RF impairments: Phase noise, multipath,
- Link budget and propagation modeling for end to end system
- Strong understanding of RF transceiver and front end design and
common tradeoffs in RF designs for communication systems.
- Familiarity with antenna design parameters.
- Familiarity with fixed point algorithm simulations for VHDL
- Familiarity with wireless fading model simulation.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 and above.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with desire to
support enterprise initiatives.
- Ability to prepare documentation with minimal oversight.
- Background in designing for manufacturability, producibility,
and cost constraints.
- Group management skills, leadership skills and strong
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively
identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical
challenges.What We Offer:Whether you're just starting out on your
career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a
robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with
compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life
benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the
superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal)
leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational
assistance and child/adult backup care.This position requires the
eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not
be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial
Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of
Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process.
More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here:
https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htmThis position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors
year-round.Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees
currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a
Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles.
ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to
receive the Referral Awarding.Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Las Vegas , Minimum 20k Sign-On Bonus - Senior Wireless Communications Engineer, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!