Head Bike Mechanic / Bike Shop Coordinator- RTC Bike Share
Company: Bicycle Transit Systems Inc
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Founded in 2014, Bike Transit is a woman-owned business that
operates and manages the Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Las Vegas
bike share programs as well as a nation-wide customer service call
center. Our mission is to operate bike share systems that create
connections in our communities and protect our planet. Bike Transit
employees provide safe, seamless, reliable, and memorable customer
experiences, and create mutually-rewarding relationships with our
riders, suppliers, and clients. We have an incredible internal
culture that emphasizes being innovative, inclusive, responsible,
and fun, and are looking for a talented bicycle mechanic to be our
Bike Shop Coordinator on the RTC Bike Share team in Las Vegas!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Bicycle Shop Coordinator is r
esponsible for all aspects of bicycle repair, assembly,
refurbishment, and restoration. This role will is responsible for
in-shop service and repair work as well as monthly in-field bicycle
inspections. The Bike Shop Coordinator will manage and be
responsible for maintaining the inventory for the shop including
cycle counts, organization, and working with the General Manager
for ordering. Other duties include but aren t limited to helping
manage in-shop repair workflow, training new staff, and assisting
with SOP creation. Duties and Responsibilities: ??
- Assemble, maintain, and repair fleet of bicycles?for bike share
- Complete annual refurbishments on fleet.??
- Conduct monthly safety checks on fleet in warehouse and
- Repair bikes to manufacturer specifications ?
- Follow procedural guidelines and company policies for?all work
- Diligently maintain accurate service repairs for all work
- Manage bicycle repair and maintenance related special projects.
- Responsible for inventory management: receiving, organizing and
maintaining a working knowledge of our inventory; coordinate
procurement and budget with General Manager
- Assist in ensuring compliance with incident bike documentation
and quarantine? ??
- Support in training staff on bicycle maintenance
- While in the field, interact with bike share passholders and
the public in a cordial, calm, and professional manner; ability to
de-escalate potential hostile situations is required.
- Perform commuter benefit repairs for qualifying BTS
- Communicate with other staff and supervisors to affect
- Open and close warehouse. ?
- Communicate with General and other staff to affect
- Give and receive feedback to other team members.? ??
- Fill in as field tech when needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned Education and/or Work Experience
- Minimum of 4 years professional bicycle mechanic
- Proven technical and mechanical aptitude, innovation and
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.? ??
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.? ??
- Ability to manage a budget, inventory tracking, computerized
- Computer literacy: keep accurate digital records using multiple
software suites .??
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages
competing demands and?can?deal with frequent change, delays or
unexpected events.? ??
- Ability to follow?instructions, respond to managements
direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.? ??
- Highly organized.??
- An eye for safety in everyday tasks.? ??
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing. ?
- Sense of humor. ? Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Valid driver s?license?and clean driving record.? ??
- Frequently bend, stoop, and twist throughout the day ??
- Requires the ability to regularly lift objects up to 55+? lbs
?and carry objects of this weight for distances up to 150 feet?
- Requires the ability to perform work while standing for
prolonged periods of time. ??
- Repetitive motion required of the wrists, hands, or fingers
occasionally throughout the work day. ??
- Requires working and riding a bicycle outdoors in various
temperatures including rain, cold and heat conditions. ??
- Comfortable with working in busy outdoor urban environments.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance in accordance
with company and department policy. ??
- This is a full-time position that may require hours that exceed
8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. ??
- May require weekend or evening work. A few of the benefits we
- Competitive compensation package
- Affordable medical and dental insurance options
- Voluntary vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- 15 days PTO + 10 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Free BTAP Metro card
- Free bike share memberships We are an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Bicycle Transit Systems Inc, Las Vegas , Head Bike Mechanic / Bike Shop Coordinator- RTC Bike Share, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!