Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Exp Global Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right
people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the
challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential
possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful,
satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our
employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy,
passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and
- Your Challenge EXP is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical
Engineer for our Las Vegas, NV location. -
- Be able to lead, mentor and direct less experienced mechanical
staff on all of their responsibilities.
- Perform at a "responsible charge" level in regard to meeting
EXPs design and quality levels.
- Perform QA/QC review of specifications, reports, code
application, RFI and submittal review, equipment selection,
deliverables and drawings.
- QA/QC reviews of all calculations by designers, and provide
guidance and mentoring.
- Determine content of drawings and specs for less experienced
staff in order to meet the scope of work.
- Review code related items with Designers, and ensure
- Edit and develop basis of design narratives documenting project
- Thorough understanding of psychrometrics.
- Understand and apply concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable &
constant flow systems.
- Advance equipment selection and analysis - chillers, boilers,
air terminals, cooling towers, HEPA filters, DX equipment, and
water source heat pumps.
- Write new specifications sections, develop new details, as
required for project needs. -
- Write studies and reports for systems on projects.
- Perform life-cycle cost analyses, and energy/cost calculation
for HVAC systems. -
- Apply and modify appropriate controls diagrams for the
- Modify sequences of operation for air and water side equipment
and systems. -
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review design
- Critically evaluate contractor pricing and cost
- Evaluate value engineering items with respect to EXP's level of
- Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize EXP's and
client's exposure to problems.
- Travel to project sites to review progress of work and
successfully solve problems within time & budget
- Develop and monitor work plans.
- Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within
budgeted hours and guide Designers on management of task hours.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Candidate should have an engineering Bachelor's degree in the
field of HVAC/Mechanical Engineering with 7-15 years of building
HVAC and piping design experience.
- Experience in designing HVAC systems for Gaming, Hospitality,
Entertainment, Healthcare or Commercial projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- REVIT MEP Proficiency required.
Keywords: Exp Global Inc., Las Vegas , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!