Company: JT4, LLC
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 14, 2019
JT4 is seeking RF Engineers for our Salt Lake City, UT, Tonopah, NV
and Las Vegas, NV locations.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
This position requires the followingabilities which are usually
performed within a lab but also in the field:
- Troubleshoot all types of radar and RF component and system
- Maintain, overhaul, and modify radar and RF system components
and associated equipment.
- Design radar and microwave transmitting and receiving systems
from stringent requirements.
- Research and select high power radar components based upon
- Write requirements documents, theories of operation, operations
- Conduct individual radar and RF component tests and system
level testing in a lab and on installed systems to verify vendor
specification compliance and system performance.
- Prototype systems to determine design feasibility.
- Integrate COTS and specially designed radar hardware into a
large scale system.
- Apply sound system engineering principles.
- Proficiency with HFSS, TICRA/GRASP, and/or other tools is
RF Engineer IV
- Direct Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) systems to include
communications systems, navigation systems, and radiolocation
- Direct experience with electromagnetic wave propagation theory
and modeling to include knowledge of spreading loss, reflection,
refraction, diffraction, absorption, and scattering.
- RF circuit design experience required. Experience with both
active and passive components. Knowledge of RF amplifiers,
modulators, mixers, filters, and detectors as utilized in radio
transmitters and receivers.
- Knowledge of antenna characteristics and design. Knowledge of
TEM and TE transmission lines. Familiarity with directional
couplers, circulators, and similar waveguide components.
- Knowledge of microwave tube implementation to include
Magnetrons, Klystrons, and Traveling Wave Tubes
RF Field Engineer
- Research, plan and support the design of system upgrades that
range from high power RF transmit and receive to assisting in
remote site communication nodes. Upgrades to include consideration
of frequency management / interference.
- Performs signal analysis that includes the review of
measurement parameters and characteristics as they relate to threat
representative signals. Reviews will be summarized in a report that
provide supporting rationale for good or bad signal
- Research and document system level open-loop emitter and
closed-loop radar requirements for range integration to include
power, communication, instrumentation and command & control.
- Validate existing power, communications, instrumentation and
command and control (C2) range interface control documents (ICDs)
and provide feedback to software/hardware engineers.
- Assist in documenting range modernization needs and generate
cost estimates to upgrade the ranges to meet training needs.
- Author technical studies/reports that analyze, validate, and
recommend solutions or course of actions. Utilizes radar
principles, propagation formulas, and signal processing knowledge
to support outcomes
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within RF Engineering.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills to permit
interaction with other employees.
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance
and possess a current State issued driver's license.
- Must be a US Citizen.
If you are an RF Engineer interested in a new exciting career with
JT4, we want to speak to you! Associated topics: board, cadence,
circuit, design engineer, engineer iii, hardware engineer, rf,
semiconductor, systems engineer, vlsi
Keywords: JT4, LLC, Las Vegas , RF Engineer, Engineering , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!