Assistant Distribution Center Manager -
Company: HD Supply
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Company Overview We're seeking a hands on Assistant Distribution
Center Manager to directly manage 1 lead associate and a total of
9+ warehouse associates. You will oversee the inbound and
outbound teams, and will be responsible for selecting, coaching and
developing our associates. Our teams work 1 shifts, 5 days a week,
with weekends off! You will start your day at about 9 am. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience leading a team of associates in a fast paced
- Experience with warehouse equipment and training (forklift,
cherry picker, reach truck, etc.).
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- 5s, lean methodology, Six Sigma experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (
www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations
across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's
approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven
services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship
options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that
contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to
the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part
of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness,
diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the
company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a
team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment
standards, and operational goals are attained. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution
- Designs, develops and manages the distribution department
- Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to
support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
- Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and
train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and
return on investment.
- Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
professional associates. Work Environment
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as
dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
5+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5+ years of experience working in a warehouse
- Prior experience leading a team of associates in a
- 2+ years of experience working with a Warehouse
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills. PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- SAP experience/knowledge is a plus but not required. PRID
PRID108 Job Locations US-NV-Las Vegas Posted Date 7 days ago
(6/22/2020 4:10 PM) Job ID 2020-37988 Business Unit Facilities
Maintenance Functional Area Operations Remote Position? No Position
Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 89118 HD Supply is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Las Vegas , Assistant Distribution Center Manager -, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!