Manager - Systems Software Development
Company: The Venetian Resort Las Vegas - Las Vegas Sands Co
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Position Overview:The primary responsibility of the Architect -
IT Software is to review project concepts and proposals and develop
appropriate technical designs to facilitate integration into the
enterprise architecture. Technical designs include systems,
storage, virtualization, logical and physical networks and security
strategies to comply with established standards and meet the
requirements of the organization. All duties are to be performed in
accordance with departmental and The Venetian Resorts policies,
practices, and procedures.
--- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI
- Perform product reviews, technology evaluations and services
delivery considerations to recommend technologies to meet the
- Perform project design review, sizing and compatibility
assessments to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and
efficient operation of the enterprise IT architecture is
- Design and deploy technology solutions and enhancements to
existing infrastructure, applications, and network
- Provide level 3 technical support and apply proven analytical,
and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues and drive
to root cause of system outages.
- Review technical requirements, establish project milestones and
tasks and determine level of effort estimates for their
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new technology
infrastructure and hardware and security appliance systems; conduct
capacity planning as needed.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair complex technology issues for
end-user issues while mentoring engineering staff.
- Conduct research on products, solutions, services, architecture
designs, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the
- Establish and implement design principles, policies, and
strategies to ensure security and integrity of the enterprise
- Develop and perform security audits, configuration backup
procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the
organization's disaster recovery and business continuity
- Develop and execute test plans to measure infrastructure and
systems technical performance. Report on findings and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare design documentation, illustrations and white papers to
support design decisions.
- Perform all work in a manner to ensure interoperability and
maintain compliance of enterprise computing systems.
- Ensure that proposed and existing technology and security
architectures are aligned with organizational goals and
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for
standardizing infrastructure configuration standards.
- Understand and abide by Incident, Problem and Change management
processes and procedures.
- Interact with vendors, peers, and contractors to ensure secure,
reliable systems implementations and upgrades are performed within
- Respond to emergency outages in accordance with business
continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments
- Provide recommendations to senior or executive IT management
regarding product/vendor selection, technology evolution, and
- Provide root cause analysis and develop and execute corrective
action plans for resolution of complex technical issues related to
platform and service performance disruptions.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call
availability on a rotational basis, is an essential function of
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Minimum
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or similar technical program or
acceptable industry and work experience.
- A broad infrastructure and IT solutions background, and the
ability to work with the business to understand and translate
business requirements into technical designs.
- 7+ years developing solutions using Microsoft technologies and
frameworks, e.g., SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Entity Framework
and ASP.NET Web API
- 7+ years implementing OLTP and OLAP data solutions leveraging
MDM, BI and data warehouse development techniques.
- 7+ years deploying web services (SOAP, RESTful).
- Must understand the concepts of Object-Oriented Design, CMS
Integration, and Web Application Security.
- Experience in integrating with Cloud technologies, Platform
(PaaS) & Application (SaaS) required.
- Understanding of the differences between relational and object
- Experience in designing UML diagrams.
- Must possess a sound knowledge of Architectural Principles and
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS,
- Training and experience with ITSM practices.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global
- Excellent documentation, communication and negotiating
- Proven ability to convey technology to non-technical
- Effective collaboration skills to mentor network, storage,
database, telephony and other technical staff to ensure reliable
integration of systems and processes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a self-starter with high integrity that is reliable,
punctual, and dedicated to organizational excellence.
- Extensive experience with virtualization technologies, cloud
services, and software defined data center strategies in a complex
- Extensive understanding of the TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Experience in developing strategic systems architecture
- Expert ability with fault isolation and testing
- Documented expertise with systems configuration, security
principles, directory services, and maintenance best
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, techniques, alerting
and notification processes.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications and
develop solution designs and configurations that meet those
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with guests and other Team Members of different
backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends
Keywords: The Venetian Resort Las Vegas - Las Vegas Sands Co, Las Vegas , Manager - Systems Software Development, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!