Director, Strategic Sourcing Business Intelligence
Company: Scientific Games
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Strategic Sourcing Business Intelligence Corporate:
When you become a member of our Corporate team, you will work
across the organization to provide the knowledge, resources and
tools that help Scientific Games deliver outstanding service and
support to our internal clients. Our Corporate Group includes
Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit,
Facilities, Human Resources and Corporate Communications. We're
always looking for team players who are customer centric, who seek
to challenge themselves and have the drive to move our business
forward. If this sounds like you---Let's make games! Position
Summary The Strategic sourcing organization within SG aspires to
have best in class processes and capabilities to support a
multi-faceted global gaming enterprise. The goal is to formalize a
Global Centralized Procurement Operation that will create sustained
value across Corporate and the individual Business Units. As good
corporate citizens we adhere to high compliance standards. We
expect our team and partners to operate with integrity to uphold
these standards. Opportunities exist to drive improvements in
management of our global spend, gain operational efficiencies, and
implement process and tools to achieve sustainable results. The
indirect spend managed within this Global Centralized Procurement
Operation includes: Information Technology, Software, Hardware,
Telecom, Freight, Logistics, Professional Services, Advisory
Services, Staff Augmentation, Marketing, T&E and Fleet
management. In addition to supporting the Strategic sourcing team,
this role would also be responsible for the reporting strategy
deployed throughout the manufacturing and operations team. This
organization implementing a transformational strategy to improve
new product development, technology convergence, implementation of
global operations practices, improving quality, cost, and
delivery.-- THE POSITION The Director of Strategic Sourcing
Business Intelligence will be responsible for identifying and
leading projects designed to significantly improve visibility,
analysis, metrics, and tracking to facilitate improvements to
Scientific Games' cost structure and build sustained accretive
value. The projects are transformational in nature, thus requiring
strategic thinking, effective problem structuring, and an ability
to collaborate with diverse teams. This individual contributor role
will be responsible for collaborating with both corporate and
business units to drive analysis, dashboards, metrics, enabling the
identification and tracking of opportunities into executable
outcomes. Success will be measured based on:
- Sourcing: data analytics and reporting toolset to improve
visibility of vendor spend, identify
- Operations Analytics: improve visibility to Order to Cash
process, Inventory management, Business Operating Metrics
- Quality of Data Analytics Strategy: success in development and
deployment of an institutionalized operational tools and dashboard
to facilitate delivery of goals and intended outcomes. Specific
Responsibilities Analysis, Reporting, Tool Creation, Spend
- Interface with finance to link Sourcing driven category savings
- Engage with multiple business stakeholders responsible for
operations and execution to establish reporting tools to facilitate
- Collaborate with Operations and Sourcing to develop metrics to
measure business performance. Cost avoidance, Cost Savings,
Inventory, Cycle-time, On time delivery, Quality, and more as to be
defined by business need.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Sourcing team to deploy more
sophisticated supplier management including supplier/distributor
scorecards, quarterly supplier business reviews, annual supplier
conferences, "preferred supplier" designation, qualification of new
- The BI strategy would support a conceptual "control tower" that
would create a single repositor for operations reporting, tactical
reporting, metrics, and business performance analytics. Essential
- Ability to establish requirements from business needs, align
business strategy with toolset needs, experience in developing
tools to facilitate better visibility and reporting.
- Understanding of operational data, ability to provide
validation of data, verification of metrics. Measurement system
analysis, ensuring data is accurate and matching ERP system
- Champion a clear channel of communication and coordination
between functional counterparts in the business units.
- 3-5 years' experience within an industrial, engineered products
manufacturing company, as well as experience in the corporate
- Experience with organization engaged in gaming, software
development, social gaming, digital marketing.
- Experience working with ERP systems, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft
D365, or similar.
- Understanding of Order management, inventory, purchasing,
demand, and supply planning.--
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge related to BI
tools: Power BI, Tableau, Incorta, etc.
- Ability to gather business requirements and collaborate with IT
to develop a toolset of working reports to enable tracking of
metrics, identification of opportunities, and monitoring of vendor
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with
a successful record of accomplishments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - able to identify problems
and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments
concurrently, including ability to assess and manage
- Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to
communicate technical expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to
build rapport with Operations and cross-functional colleagues and
be able to foster collaborative relationships.
- Experience working in manufacturing operations, inventory,
purchasing, finance, sourcing are a big plus. Knowledge, Skills and
- Develop a BI solution for Strategic Sourcing and Operations to
improve overall management of delivery, inventory, cost, and spend
management for execution and tracking.
- Capable of operating with ambiguity, ability to influence
internal stakeholders, and vendor relationships.
- Strength in building relationships with internal
- Ability to transfer business goals into action through
strategic BI tool development.
- Ability to multi-task is required.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and experience with
Business intelligence tools.
- Superior written, verbal and telephone skills.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Experience in sourcing practices, manufacturing supply chain
operations, inventory management, order processing, product
configuration, quality performance measures.
- Superior Excel and database expertise.
- Knowledge of Technology such as C#, Sharepoint, Power BI, SAS,
- Proven team leadership experience. Education
- College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Finance, Statistics, Operations, or similar.
- APICS/NAPM, CPIM or CPM certification or equivalent
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific
vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability
to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
--Posted 2 Days Ago --R302552 About Us At Scientific Games, we are
committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the
world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to
join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a
global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces
challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity,
innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and
supporting its people. Scientific Games Corporation
6601 Bermuda Road
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Keywords: Scientific Games, Las Vegas , Director, Strategic Sourcing Business Intelligence, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!