DIRECTOR DATA STRATEGIES
Company: Boyd Gaming
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Department: DATA STRATEGIES - 932 - BGEDRDS00
- Property: Boyd Gaming Corporate
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years Position Description:
Direct the company's centralized data analytics efforts including
new thought processes, developing new analytical perspectives, and
managing a department tasked to perform business, customer,
database, and program analyses to support company, regional, and
property business objectives. The Director will also play a primary
role in identifying and evaluating new data-driven business
opportunities and providing revenue-generation suggestions to
corporate and property management and marketing. Job Functions
- Direct an analytics department manager and a team of data
analysts to successfully mine the Boyd Gaming databases to identify
meaningful and actionable business trends and opportunities.
- Serve as a key guide and resource in the successful
implementation of new technologies and systems intended to help
drive revenue growth and expense reduction.
- Develop processes to identify, extract, and summarize pertinent
data for meaningful analyses.
- Present to corporate and property management key business
trends and suggested means to act upon them to grow property
- Serve as a primary resource of company-wide data access and
- Conduct and report on key pre- and post-analyses of company and
property programs and initiatives.
- Support the analyses of DM campaign effectiveness and recommend
ways to improve their productivity.
- Work independently and collaboratively to ascertain the
business problem, brainstorm solutions, gather relevant data,
evaluate solutions, and make final recommendations supported by
data and business strategy understanding.
- Develop department team members' present and future
capabilities in a manner consistent with Boyd Style.
- Develop good working relationships with other corporate
departments vital to the successful, timely completion marketing
programs and initiatives including but not limited to corporate,
regional, and property marketing, direct mail, E-Commerce, and IT.
- Four year degree with a quantitative focus is preferred
- Appropriate experience of 5+ years with an analytics role
- Casino industry database marketing experience preferred.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, interpretive, and strategic
thinking skills required.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and report on relevant data in
business unit user-friendly terms.
- Ability to build models using available data and methods.
- Must have the ability to independently handle projects from
inception to completion including: define, gather and analyze data,
draw conclusions, written and/or verbal communication of results
using analytical knowledge and techniques with an understanding of
- Ability to collaborate effectively with property staff.
- Strong bias toward assisting the properties to achieve their
- Able to influence and get things done without formal
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to multi-task multiple concurrent projects.
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to coach and
- Advanced knowledge of relational database query tools with
specific knowledge of COGNOS and CMS functions preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products with advanced knowledge
of Excel and Access. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected
Keywords: Boyd Gaming, Las Vegas , DIRECTOR DATA STRATEGIES, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!