Jet Aviation Staffing - Director of Safety
Company: General Dynamics Corporation
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: April 10, 2021
GD (NYSE) $164.83 February 12, 2021 04:00PM Jet Aviation
Staffing - Director of Safety Responsibilities for this
Added - 12/31/69
, Nevada - Full Time
A rapidly expanding Aircraft Management and Charter company is
looking for a Director of Safety to join their management team and
offer experience and knowledge to help them with their rapid
expansion. You will be a highly motivated, organized, and
team-oriented leader; plus you'll be an innovative and strategic
leader focused on building an industry-leading safety culture. You
will have proven experience managing an aviation safety management
system and emergency response program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties as Director of Safety as required,
necessary, or advisable set forth in the Safety Management System
- Convene, the appointed Safety Advisory Committee to address any
and all safety issues, hazards, and risks identified or reported
(PRISM/ARMOR or otherwise) and required by the SMS and Emergency
Response Plan ("ERP")
- Appoint, as necessary or advisable, Safety Officers to
participate in programs set forth in the SMS, including, without
limitation, Internal Evaluation Audits (IEPs) and hazardous/safety
reports submitted to Company leadership and management including,
the Director of Safety, Director of Operations, Chief Pilot,
Director of Maintenance, and Vice-President of Logistics.
- Manage the PRISM/ARMOR Safety and Reporting System and
- Manage and administer filed or reported hazardous and safety
reports from all Company Departments and employees, including,
safety reports, reports of possible risks and hazards and delegate,
as appropriate, the review, the investigation, root cause analysis,
and documentation of all hazardous and safety reports, including
hazardous report closeouts.
- Develop, manage, and administer an Event Review Committee
("ERC") addressing any and all Company-wide significant identified
or reported safety and/or hazardous events, situations, incidents,
- Perform initial and annual recurrent SMS and ERP training.
- Review annually any necessary changes to the SMS and SMS Manual
and ERP Manual.
- Administer the SMS management of change procedures and process
for any necessary or advisable changes in programs, procedures,
policies, or organizational changes or adjustments affecting the
- Schedule and conduct annual ERP tabletop or simulated drills to
maintain preparedness for any Company and/or operational related
- Manage a Company Fatigue Management System and Fatigue Risk
Review Committee ("FRRC").
- Review and maintain compliance with all federal, state, and
local safety rules, regulations, and laws.
- Assist in development and management of any ASAP, FOQA, or
other aviation safety reporting program.
- Create and conduct an annual Companywide Safety Stand Down
Program and presentation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company Accountable
- Attend annual and periodic Safety Management professional
development and training seminars/events.
- Company Drug Program Manager
- Create and maintain all employee training records, including
- 3-5 years of aviation safety management experience
- A college degree with an Aviation Safety Management emphasis
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail accompanying
good project and time management skills.
- Expert level verbal, written, and computer skills while
maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Expert-level knowledge of 14 CFR Part 135 and Part 91 operating
requirements and regulations.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
PI130138028 Jet Aviation has been an industry-leading service
provider enabling global flight for over 50 years. Copyright 2021
General Dynamics Corporation
Keywords: General Dynamics Corporation, Las Vegas , Jet Aviation Staffing - Director of Safety, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!