Director of People Operations
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company
working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest
social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit,
government, and community organizations build effective response
systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities,
including high-profile communities serving the densest populations
of homelessness nationwide.Our professional services set us apart
from other software companies. We provide typical software
administration services, but the heart of our service is the
partnership we build with our communities to better understand
their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We
collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working
with communities across the county, act as liaisons between
policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on
a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet
their goals around ending homelessness.Our diverse and inclusive
culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.This
is a full-time remote position that can be based anywhere in the
About our People Operations team:
The People team at Bitfocus is committed to creating unique
programs and solutions that take a people-first approach. We are
uniquely positioned between business operations and our people,
which gives us the ability to offer meaningful experiences that
bridge gaps, enhance connections, and assist in shaping the
organization for long-term success. Our team is truly "all things
people," meaning that we are partners to team members at all
levels, on all things that relate to people, which as you might
suspect, is basically everything. We have an innate passion and
love for the work we do and we are committed to going above and
beyond for our team members, and Bitfocus as a whole.
Success/Impact Statement:As Director of People Operations, you will
be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain
the team at Bitfocus. You will act as a champion for the company
culture and will support the Executive and Leadership teams,
allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. As Director of
People Operations, you will be responsible for helping us build and
support this exceptional group of people-ensuring we reinforce our
unique, people-oriented culture. In this role, you will be
responsible for all people-related activities. This is a true
generalist role encompassing all functional areas of people,
culture, and talent.
As the Director of People Operations you will:
- Partner with and mentor our People Operations Generalist and
any future hires on the People team.
- Collaborate with the Executive team, Corporate Strategy office,
and leaders to identify key organizational hires.
- Partner with leaders to develop job descriptions; identify
knowledge, skills, and abilities to drive better hiring decisions;
and assist in developing test projects.
- Collaborate with leaders and the people team to continue
enhancing our new hire onboarding program.
- Own and execute on our benefits programs including 401k,
Health, Dental, Vision, HealthiestYou, PTO, etc.)
- Serve as an employee relations subject matter expert and
facilitate employee conflict and progressive counseling.
- We use a lot of technology here at Bitfocus. Part of this role
will be navigating technology needs, questions, requests and
working with the People Operations Generalist to navigate complex
- Continue enhancing Bitfocus' Success Management Management &
Employee Engagement programs and initiatives.
- Oversee and continuously improve an effective performance
review strategy and process to ensure staff are successful and
continuously growing in their roles.
- Survey and monitor employee engagement survey results to ensure
we are creating a positive and fulfilling environment for our
- Identify employee and leadership training and development needs
to ensure that we have an effective process for continuous growth
- Identify and/or create engaging learning opportunities to meet
employee needs and interests.
- Ensure that we have clear and up-to-date policies and
procedures for all necessary topics in accordance with best
practices in the field of people operations. Ensure that all
policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance with all
appropriate Federal and State laws. We currently have employees in
29 different states.You will love this position if:
- You are committed to building and leading high-performing
- You enjoy building programs and processes from scratch, but
also enjoy continuously enhancing those that exist.
- You are tech-savvy and can use technology to automate and
- You are more interested in working for Bitfocus because of our
mission and the opportunity, versus this being a remote
role.Required experience that drives success in this role:
- Previous experience leading People Operations and having served
in a Senior Leadership capacity.
- Previous experience working for small fast-growing
organizations where you may have served as the first member of the
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting and you enjoy speaking
with a diverse range of candidates.
- First-hand navigation, and/or implementation of HR technology
including BreezyHR, Rippling (or another HRIS), and Lattice.
- Creation, or collaboration on, the development of unique and
exceptional onboarding programs.
- The ability to research, collect, digest and visualize data and
information in meaningful ways.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to read
the room and respond appropriately.
- Previous development of policies, handbooks, and other
- Knowledge of multi-state laws and regulations.
- Very familiar with Apple products, Google Suite, Zoom, and
Slack (or equivalent systems).What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote/virtual environment
using a variety of software.
- You have experience with Confluence and Monday.com.
- You have a keen eye for detail. In fact, since you've made it
to the bottom of this posting you now know that your cover letter
(non-formal please) should be addressed "Hello Bitfocus People
How will Bitfocus support you
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust
onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our
employees on Glassdoor
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees
receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
Keywords: Bitfocus, Las Vegas , Director of People Operations, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!