Revenue Manager III
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Position SummaryAs a member of the professional staff, contributes
specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g., Accounting,
Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations
Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or
department business objectives. Works under limited supervision,
but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more
complex business information to assist in the decision-making
process. May be responsible for selection, supervision and
development of staff in accordance with company policies and
Specific Job SummaryThe Resort Inventory & Revenue Manager - Level
III position is responsible for maximizing the usage of developer,
owner and rental inventory by developing and implementing optimal
restriction and allocation strategies, consistently. This position
is responsible for utilizing existing historical data and sales
pace forecasts to determine the appropriate level of inventory to
allocate (based on resort specific guidelines) for owner and
exchange usage to ensure we receive the highest Owner Satisfaction
Survey results achievable.This position also works closely with the
Regional Preview Inventory team to establish the best strategy for
supporting the inventory requirements of Sales & Marketing and then
implementing and managing all inventory related activities
associated with the agreed upon strategy. Responsibilities also
include the on-going development of seasonally competitive rental
strategies for the marketplace and the day-to-day management and
execution of the strategy. The Resort Inventory & Revenue Manager
will collaborate with the Corporate Rental Marketing team to
develop, implement and monitor demand generating strategies for
need times as identified in the on-going 12-month projection
process.This position will also complete the required analysis to
determine the overall impact of the marketing strategy on the
rental segment and identify opportunities for improvement (if
applicable) going forward. Position will be required to
continuously evaluate the "Best Use" of available inventory
striking the appropriate balance between owner requests, preview
needs and rental demand while achieving budgeted rental sales
targets. This position may also be responsible for setting the
appropriate direction for direct reports, including setting
individual goals and establishing priorities, to ensure the
business objectives for Marriott Vacations Worldwide and Inventory
& Revenue Management are consistently achieved.Expected
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by
performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for
business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects,
business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more
complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through
effective staffing and development of others by:
- coaching own team to collaborate with others.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best
people available from inside or outside.
- establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- providing timely coaching and feedback
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff,
where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for
improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected ContributionsMay include but not limited to:
- Ensures that owner, preview and rental inventory
authorizations, restrictions and rates are consistently monitored
and updated within MARSHA (Marriott's Automated Reservation System
for Hotel Accommodations) and other applicable systems.
- Monitor owner, preview and rental booking patterns on a daily
basis and as needed modify inventory authorizations to ensure
straight-line availability and maximization of revenue
- Monitor actual reservation bookings against 12-month
projections on a daily basis to determine if assumptions are ahead
or behind pace. Gather and analyze the appropriate data to
proactively develop relevant short- and long-term sales strategies
for the purpose of optimizing available inventory. Implement
restriction and inventory strategies within MARSHA. As needed,
communicate strategy changes to applicable stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Inventory & Revenue Management (IRM) team
responsible for preview inventory. On an on-going basis verify that
existing preview inventory allocations will be achieved and if not,
determine the best use of available inventory. Conversely,
proactively convey any opportunities to increase preview inventory
- Gather and analyze the appropriate data to develop a Bulk
Deposit inventory allocation strategy that balances owner, preview
and rental requirements with the opportunity to meet Internal
- Gather and analyze the appropriate data to develop the
appropriate Marriott Rental Inventory allocation and effectively
manage all aspects of the program to ensure we consistently meet or
exceed owner's expectations.
- Identify, develop and manage opportunities to increase revenues
and decrease costs, preempting problems before they impact our
business, anticipating future trends, and developing others as
- Acquire and maintain the appropriate level of knowledge and
expertise on the resorts property management system and impact to
data residing within MARSHA. Collaborate with Resort Operations to
ensure that inventory and reservation related data remains
consistently balanced within applicable systems.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of existing data within the
business and/or procure the required data on a timely basis to
ensure that the immediate needs of our internal customers can be
- Effectively differentiate which on-going ad hoc requests by
internal customers can be supported and which will be declined
based on business objectives and available resources. Identify
required resources to support approved ad hoc requests and when
appropriate, propose alternative recommendations for declined
- On an on-going basis identify trends, future needs and
obstacles to achieving business goals. Surface viable solutions and
implement as needed.
- Support enterprise-wide initiatives such as Long-Range Planning
(LRP) and Annual Budget process. Utilize all available tools and
resources to develop requested forecasts and provide the Regional
Director of Usage with high level summary to support assumptions.
As needed, implement all approved forecast assumptions on a timely
- On a month/period basis utilize all available tools and
resources to complete the 12-month projection process and provide
Regional Director of Usage (RDUI) with high level summary to
support assumptions. Implement all approved forecast assumptions on
a timely basis.
- Proactively communicate opportunities to increase demand for
specified need times to the Regional Director of Usage Inventory
and collaborate with the corporate rental marketing group. Identify
viable cost effective/targeted solutions and when applicable
implantation roles and responsibilities. Ensure that the required
tools and processes are in place to effectively track promotion
results and complete the appropriate analysis to quantify the
impact of the promotion.
- Proactively monitor on-going rental pricing activity within the
market and project on a timely basis the potential impact
associated with an upward or downward trend to the resort. Utilize
data to develop on-going pricing recommendations, effective
implementation of new pricing strategies and provide on-going
analysis to monitor results as needed.
- Proactively surface collaborate with the corporate rental
marketing team to surface need times with the IRM Regional Vice
Presidents of Market Execution and appropriate business partners
within CRM to identify opportunities for sales and usage inventory
- On a weekly basis utilize all available tools and resources to
complete the weekly forecast process and provide required reporting
to internal stakeholders on or before the day of week
- Actively participate in on-going period/monthly regional
reviews by; preparing the appropriate resources, providing updates
regarding the resort and/or market that may impact other resorts
within the region and sharing best practices.
- Monitor operations to ensure that all Inventory & Revenue
Management philosophies are maintained, and there is accurate and
timely execution and ongoing management of departmental
- As requested, participate in the training and development of
new Resort Inventory & Revenue Management associates that may not
directly work at your assigned resort. Also provide job shadowing
opportunities to internal stakeholders who are interesting in
learning about inventory and revenue management.
- Effectively communicate Inventory & Revenue Management
philosophies as they pertain to recommended strategies to property
staff and other department stakeholders.
- Participate in community service events sponsored by Marriott
Vacation Club International to build teamwork and enhance community
relationships such as Children's Miracle Network (CMN).
- Ensure regular on-going communication is happening in all areas
of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and
communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired
- Enable direct report(s) to be successful by proactively
anticipating and removing the obstacles that could impede their
productivity and effectiveness.
- Consistently achieve Marriott Vacation Club International
(MVCI) and IRM business objectives by setting the direction for
direct report(s), developing individual goals, defining priorities
and when appropriate, reestablish individual goals and/or
priorities as business needs and objectives change.
- Provide direct report(s) the opportunity to succeed and grow
through consistent communication, training, timely feedback,
on-going recognition and establishing an annual individual
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions
of direct report(s); ensures recognition is taking place across
areas of responsibility.Candidate ProfileSuccessful candidates
should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong
leadership and relationship skills as follows:Generally, a
professional position with specific knowledge and experience in a
discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information
Resources) and associate management. College degree and/or relevant
experience typically required.Specific Candidate ProfileEducation
- Four-year college degree preferred.Experience
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience. Previous experience
in the timeshare industry or revenue management experience with a
minimum of 3 years Inventory & Revenue Management experience
preferred.Skills & Attributes
- A minimum of intermediate proficiency in all Microsoft Suites
- Proven ability to gather the required information to analyze
trends and surface possible solutions.
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely in a
manner appropriate to the audience
- Proven ability to recognize and provide the appropriate level
of detail required by each stakeholder.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
with a broad group of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines through effective
multi-tasking and reprioritization of tasks.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel 5-10% (varies by resort and
region).*Relocation Assistance Provided*
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Las Vegas , Revenue Manager III, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!