Engagement Manager/IT Product Manager - DAS Audit
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Engagement Manager/IT Product Manager - DAS Audit
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long
learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As an Engagement Manager, you will be accountable and responsible
for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in
line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the
business needs are clearly understood and the technology
implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In
this role, you will provide consultation directly to Deloitte
Application Studios leadership and customers related to solution
options and vendor product selection. In addition, you will work
with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and
unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
In this role, you will work with Business System Analysts and
Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope
and feasibility of technical solutions. You will lead product
planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure
technology standards and business needs are met.
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of
application technology solutions in line with strategic business
objectives for the application and client installations.
- Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the
technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the
- Manages all design, development and QA aspects of the SAFe
- Agile SDLC for multiple projects.
- Provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios
leadership and customers around solution options and vendor product
selection as needed.
- Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned
and unplanned development and maintenance project enagements.
- Work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to
develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of
- Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and
deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are
- Monitors & ensure compliance to standardized procedures, best
practices and function specifice processes are being followed
through out the delivery of solution
- Manage the day to day decision making involved in the
- Faciliating Program Increment (PI) planning with stakeholders
and different groups
- Monitors and prepare development product work plans, budget,
and schedules and create agile teams.
- Work with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy
for execution of product roadmaps.
- Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase
efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software
capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all
- Ensure that all products support the appropriate business
processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance
processes in place.
- Experience working with multiple teams on Cloud based
technologies esp. Azure
- Lead all design/development/deployment aspects of SDLC for
Deloitte Application Studios projects in partnership with PMO
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in
accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel
vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall
leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are
completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and
leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the
- Partner with channel leaders and project team to design,
develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with PMO-e.g.,
project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and
focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or
other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and
recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of
approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to Deloitte Application
Studios and ITS leadership; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery
life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to
management and stakeholders.
Project Delivery Teaming:
- Partner with PMO to prepare overall project schedule,
milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture
and product teams for projects.
- Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that
technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation
requirements are properly documented.
- Partner with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business
and functional requirements which have a impact on business
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the
mix of the development resources.
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform
code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to
- Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure
proper testing is performed
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset
of continuous process improvement.
Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project
delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort
they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor
resources assigned to project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's
largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy
cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte
operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built
on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The -2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or
qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and
delivery of enterprise level solutions.
- Experience in managing delivery of SAFe or Agile/Scrum projects
- Experience in delivering Globalization & Localization
- Experience working with business application owners and
development teams to document and clarify business and user
requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions
during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large
web/enterprise applications needed.
- Azure cloud solutions delivery experience needed
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or Cloud application
development is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and
provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation
skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion
for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained
through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues
and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects
and clients; keeps product owners focused on short and long-term
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with customers yet represent accurately the
perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Experience interfacing with internal and external software
design, 3rd party development vendors or hosting providers
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
Keywords: Deloitte, Las Vegas , Engagement Manager/IT Product Manager - DAS Audit, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!