Director Product Management (remote potential)
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
BUILT TO CONNECTAstec is a global, environmentally focused
infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building
and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the
most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging
innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over
ABOUT THE POSITIONProvides regional market share growth by
identifying potential products; conducting market research;
generating product requirements; determining specifications,
production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for
product introduction; developing marketing strategies. The product
manager will be the main liaison between the regional
sales/business line managers and the factory engineering department
for the purpose of clarifying the needs of a specific region in
terms of design and function.
- Develop overall product strategy for SW and Control System area
for Astec Digital
- Perform Market Trend and Gap Analysis for the existing
- Develop recommendation for new products and features
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and
- Maintain and Grow Product and Feature Roadmap across multiple
- Manage external and internal facing Release Mgmt and
- Develop and Manage Sales, Pricing and Market Share strategy
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with
key external partners.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the
research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product
lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements,
appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product
to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by
defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with Sales to develop
product sales strategies.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product
requirements and product development programs; preparing
return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with
engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data;
reviewing costs; anticipating volume; costing special and
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Develop client and individual sales training kits for products
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies
- Minimum 7 years' experience in managing and delivering product
based on IoT or Data/BI or Cloud based technologies is
- Past experience in Software Development or Engineering is very
- Four (4) year college or university degree in technical or
business field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in Industrial Products and Construction industry is
- Training and certification in Product Mgmt and Agile/Scrum is
- Past experience managing a small distributed product mgmt. and
engineering team is highly desirable
- Must be energetic, highly motivated and have the ability to
function in a fast pace environment and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to travel occasionally domestically and
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from customers, groups of managers, associates, clients,
and the general public.
Our Culture and ValuesEmployees that become part of Astec embody
the values below throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure
Keywords: ASTEC, Las Vegas , Director Product Management (remote potential), Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!