Director Emergency Services Pediatrics- 10k Sign on Bonus
Company: Sunrise Hospital
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Salary Estimate: $101441.60 - $152172.80 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000
people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to
creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that
exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables
caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives
colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most
importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and
more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What
matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving
people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to
raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare
everywhere.We offer an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment program, employee discount program and
employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.Serving the community for nearly 60
years, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center , a 762 licensed bed acute
care facility, provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with
high-quality, advanced healthcare services. Sunrise Hospital is the
largest acute care facility in Nevada. Sharing the same campus as
Sunrise Children's Hospital, Nevada's largest, most comprehensive
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service,
growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation
and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality
patient care in the Emergency Department.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive
critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and
documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and
mentors potential future leadersQuality
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department's operational excellence; ensures
department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which
would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization's financial resources.Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.Community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.Supports HCA by
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assignedIf you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of
our leaders. We are actively interviewing so apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse
Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) requiredKnowledge, Skills, Abilities,
- Knowledge of human resource management, program development,
fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and
accrediting agency standards preferred
- Reference HCA LEADS
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.NoticeOur Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Sunrise Hospital, Las Vegas , Director Emergency Services Pediatrics- 10k Sign on Bonus, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!