Nightlife Assistant General Manager - Mirage
Company: MGM Resorts
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the
world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one
exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The purpose of the Beverage Manager is to provide direction and
leadership for the Beverage and Cocktails team consistent with the
MGM brand. They direct Assistant Beverage Managers and manage the
Beverage Staff team to achieve the operational and financial goals
of each beverage venue; monitoring the performance, scheduling and
training of the staff; maintaining the facilities in accordance
with MGM Resorts service standards; and ensuring high customer
satisfaction and an exceptional guest experience. All duties are
performed in accordance to company policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for monitoring of daily beverage operations, fiscal
budgets, guest service standards, and execution of marketing
strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
Accountable for par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and
equipment, completing requisitions to replenish shortages or
additional items needed for the anticipated business.
* Responsible for execution of policies, operating procedures,
training programs, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and
regulations for the beverage staff.
* Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and coach beverage
staff for the efficient operation of the department. Drive employee
engagement through coaching, training, and development. Collaborate
with Human Resources regarding employee relations.
* Maintain the highest standards of health, sanitation and
cleanliness with in all areas of Beverage. Maintain complete
knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations,
particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated
persons and drunk driving.
* Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and
non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular
characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the
glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and
garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time,
ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and
* Perform other job-related duties as requested.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent
* Two (2) years or more of prior relevant experience.
* Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
* Previous experience managing employees under a collective
bargaining agreement.- Ability to communicate in Spanish and or
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Alcohol Awareness Card.
* Food Handler Card.
* Metro Non-Gaming Card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Complete knowledge of health and safety regulations.
* Knowledge of all beverage products, menu items and equipment used
to perform these duties.
* Working knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems and
* Ability to execute on guidelines for proper staffing to maximize
efficiency and minimize labor costs.
* Strong overall knowledge of beverage preparation and
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with guests,
management, employees and other outside contacts. - Excellent
customer service skills.
* Able to lead and mentor a team.
* Excellent organizational skills; be able to function under time
constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.- Effective
listening abilities and be able to make strong judgment calls.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Keywords: MGM Resorts, Las Vegas , Nightlife Assistant General Manager - Mirage, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!