Materials Purchasing Manager - Heavy Maintenance and Reporting
Company: Allegiant Air
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Manager of Materials Purchasing (Heavy MX & Reporting) devises
and executes strategies to maximize value on the procurement of
aircraft parts and materials. They manage the technical procurement
process to assure the appropriate goods and services are acquired
in the right quality and quantity, at the best possible total cost
of ownership. They negotiate with and establish preferred vendors
for common purchases and establish programs that assure
high-reliability parts and materials are available where and when
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be
authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of
1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Years of Experience:
* Minimum seven (7) years of experience in aerospace, supply chain,
* Minimum three (3) years in a supervisory role and process
* Database management experience.
* Business experience and/or education.
* Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to
manage multiple and varied activities.
* Good leadership and people management skills, effective
communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* MBA or another advanced degree.
* Vendor management or negotiating experience.
* Fully support aircraft material demands at Heavy Maintenance and
Induction of Aircraft.
* Provide leadership and mentorship to Lead Buyers.
* Develop requests for proposals (RFPs); source and evaluate
* Negotiate with potential vendors; position and make trade-offs to
claim maximum value on behalf of the company.
* Establish terms, conditions, and pricing of aircraft component
* Determine preferred vendors for common purchases.
* Establish programs that assure the appropriate parts and
materials stock is available where and when needed.
* Work with vendors to establish and/or upgrade repair programs
that seek to cost-effectively improve the reliability of rotatable
* Utilize and make available financial analysis that justifies
* Perform spend analysis, targeting specific activities for
improvement and monitoring/actioning aging purchase orders along
with the Manager of Material Systems and Analytics.
* Improve automation of the procurement process.
* Provide regular reporting and status updates to senior
* Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer
Commitment and customer service standards to their daily
responsibilities, as appropriate.
* Model Allegiant's customer service standards in personal actions
and when providing leadership direction.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to
successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member
is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop,
kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard,
printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry
up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a
24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role.
Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers,
phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light
fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the
ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of
time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service
provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team
Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work
location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by
local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Allegiant Air, Las Vegas , Materials Purchasing Manager - Heavy Maintenance and Reporting, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!