Engineering Manager, eCommerce Systems - Remote
Company: Conn's HomePlus
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
You may not know Conn's HomePlus, but you should.
We recently posted our 3 strongest quarters in our 130+ year
history and with our new CEO, Chandra Holt, we have big plans for
growth. We are a specialty retailer of home goods, including
furniture, appliances and consumer electronics, with a mission to
elevate home life to home love . With more than 150 stores across
15 states and online at Conns.com , our over 4,500 employees strive
to help all customers create a home they love through access to
high-quality products, next-day delivery and personalized
Overview: The Manager, eCommerce Delivery will be responsible for
the sprint delivery of product management backlog in coordinating
with the Product Management team. This role will need to interact
with IT, Site Operations, UX, Creative, supply chain and retail
teams to ensure all deliveries for eCommerce teams happen on time,
in scope, and without impacting site performance. This role
requires progressive experience in eCommerce/Retail and is
responsible for facilitating the end-to-end delivery of prioritized
eCommerce projects by partnering with cross functional teams and
vendors. This is a hybrid role between a delivery manager and
Technical Lead, so, rolling up one's sleeves and jumping into the
code is very important.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: The Manager, eCommerce Delivery's
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing, mentoring, and developing a team of developers under
- Owns execution of the delivery of solution objective i.e., the
timeline and the deliverable(s), in an agile fashion. Manage the
day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or
- Translate functional requirements from business users into
sound technical designs that meet business objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise for use of the Magento
- Working with the infrastructure team, recommend architecture
changes to improve performance and availability.
- Work horizontally across all teams to align broader technology
decisions with the effective delivery of quality. Ensure work
delivered by the team is of high quality, scalability, and
- Communicate to leadership/stakeholders any upcoming resource
issues as they become visible, facilitate resolving any ambiguity
in timing, coordination between various eCommerce teams. Establish
regular checkpoints for these communications, as well as being
responsive to urgent requests that have resource and delivery
- Facilitate technical problem resolution for issues within the
team's scope of responsibility; ensure the proper team members are
engaged and collaborate with other Team Leads and related subject
- Confirm that all technical aspects of the solution are properly
documented and transitioned to support teams.
- Work with product managers in gathering and documenting,
grooming sessions, delivering requirements and communicate the same
with development team.
- Ensure actions and key deliverables are met and are kept within
the defined scope.
- Ensure operational readiness testing and design for operations
efforts to ensure smooth transition post deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
other closely related discipline combined with at 8+ years'
experience leading professional services delivery, product
development or technical project delivery.
- Minimum 5+ years eCommerce/Retail IT experience
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience working in a Retail organization supporting
Omni-Channel initiatives such as eCommerce, Web and Mobile
- Experience in the negotiation of changes to
commitments/requirements with multiple levels within the
- Experience with Magento or Big Commerce is a plus
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Conn's HomePlus, Las Vegas , Engineering Manager, eCommerce Systems - Remote, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!