Director of Base Operations and Facilities
Company: Lee Canyon Ski Resort
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 22, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the followingThe AudioEye Help Desk to report
accessibility and usability related issues.The AudioEye
Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility
and usability enhancements for this website.The Player tool to
listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a
substitute for your screen reader. Director of Base Operations and
Facilities - #LC13289 Director of Base Operations and Facilities
Position LEE Mountain Ops Director-LMODIR Requirements ABOUT
- Are honest and has the highest integrity.
- Are supportive of the company's ambition and mission
- Can handle and manage confidential information.
- Are someone who has a fun, dynamic, energetic, and positive
- Are a team-oriented coworker who constantly strives to be the
- Are willing to suggest and support new innovative ideas.
- Are organized and detail oriented.
- Possesses the skills to see projects through to
- Consistently practices the habit of following up with people on
- Can handle a fast-paced, potentially high-pressure work
- Is flexible with hours and days of work, will work holidays,
weekends, and in all-weather conditions. PREFERED EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years in a leadership role involving full budget
accountability, staff development, and managing external
relationships on behalf of the company.
- Strong learning agility; enjoys and excels in environments
where he/she must seek and tackle new and increasingly
sophisticated strategic business challenges.
- Ability to partner with colleagues and operate at a senior
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Office 365 products and able to learn and
operate in a number of additional programs involving procurement,
time & labor, etc..
- Comfortable in a wide variety of electronic communication
- Knowledge of all compliance areas of oversight through
regulatory agencies, specifically familiarity with local and
national building, electrical, and fire codes, and with OSHA
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drinking water,
wastewater, and propane systems.
- Knowledge of gas and electric powered equipment and their
operation, as well as other power equipment.
- Knowledge of diesel powered equipment including generators and
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities
management best practices.
- General knowledge of risk management/fire suppression.
- Knowledge of ATV and snowmobile operation. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required, Post-secondary education
- Must be 21+ with a current and valid Driver's License PHYSICAL
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50-LBS and carry 50
- Must be able to work in a standing position for up to (8)
- Must be able to work in outside temperatures below 32 degrees
and for up to (8) hrs.
- Ski/Snowboarding Experience & Ability: None Required Location
Lee Canyon Ski Lifts External Description WHAT WE DO... Our
Ambition: To be the year-round Vegas backyard escape for
discovering adventure in the mountains.
Our mission: Deliver excitement and memorable experiences through
enthusiasm about who we are, and by taking pride in what we do.
POSITION SUMMARY The Director of Base Operations and Facilities
provides complete oversight, management and leadership of all
aspects of Base Area Operations and Facility Maintenance which
includes but is not limited to; Maintenance of all resort buildings
and physical plants, fleet maintenance, grounds, -parking
operations, and public safety. The goal of this position is to
ensure that Lee Canyon facilities and grounds are up-to-date,
clean, presentable, energy efficient, and safe at all times so that
guests can fully enjoy their use and team members can work under
optimal conditions. Director of Base Operations and Facilities is
also a key player in the conceptualization, design, and
implementation of new resort infrastructure as our short- and
long-term capital and Master Development Plans are realized. The
right candidate enjoy and excel in environments where they must
tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business
challenges and issues while incorporating the newest ideas,
technologies, and approaches to business. The right candidate will
be an ambitious and passionate leader who demonstrates a high level
of emotional intelligence and self-awareness. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically direct and monitor quality of all Base Operations
& Facilities departments to ensure exceptional team member and
guest experience, and safety.
- Be responsible for business performance of the Base Operations
& Facilities teams including labor and expense management.
- Support key operational departments including Food & Beverage,
Retail/Rental, Ski School, Mountain Operations, Resort Services,
- Recruit, hire, coach, motivate and develop a team that is
aligned with Lee Canyon goals and values.
- Develop leaders within Base Operations and Facilities to
improve leadership within current roles and to prepare for
increased responsibility and succession.
- Create a positive work culture that has an unwavering
commitment to providing the best experience possible for team
members and guests alike.
- Drive a strong culture of safety within the Base Operations and
Facilities team, and the entire resort. -
- Lead and drive Play Forever sustainability initiatives for the
resort and Base & Facilities Operations teams.
- Work closely with the General Manager in the planning and
coordination of all facility installations, upgrades, and
- Provide hands-on support for all Base & Facilities Operations
- Have a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, septic,
drinking water and other physical systems.
- Inspect building structures to determine the need for repairs
- Review utilities consumption and strive for the highest level
- Maintain all building fixtures and appliances to ensure proper
and safe function.
- Supervise external contractors.
- Prepare and manage department budget, and assist in capital
planning for buildings and physical plants.
- Oversee company waste disposal, recycling program.
- Oversee parking operations.
- Oversee public safety (security) operations. -
- Oversee base area snow and ice removal operations.
- Oversee summer base area and grounds maintenance and
- Oversee outside contractor maintenance or facility fire alarm
and suppression systems.
- Oversee outside contractor management of facility drinking
water system and ensure. -
Keywords: Lee Canyon Ski Resort, Las Vegas , Director of Base Operations and Facilities, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!