Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
Company: Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Develops and implements standard of care relevant to patient
services and personnel. Supervises all nursing personnel who
deliver direct patient services. Coordinates all patient services.
Retains quality personnel through hiring, training and evaluation
- Supervision of patient care services: Identifies and oversees
the operation of the nursing program and services necessary to meet
key behavioral health needs of the community in keeping with the
hospital's philosophy and goals;
- Monitors, evaluates, and assists in modifying clinical
services, utilizing the input and skills of the nursing staff.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, orderly, and therapeutic
physical environment for all patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
physicians and health professional affiliates, patients and
- Consults and directs Supervisors in regards to staffing
matters, problem solving, training, supplies and equipment
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety, infection
control, and environmental procedures in accordance with regulatory
- Prepares reports, maintains records, and compiles statistics as
- Carries out personnel management activities associated with
direct staff supervision, including screening and selection,
orientation and training and development, performance management,
and employee relations functions.
- Coordinates programs for the development of nursing staff.
Plans and conducts regular specialized in-service training.
- Supervises and coordinates work of licensed and unlicensed
personnel on a unit. Manages quality and effectiveness of care
given by staff.
- Develops a cost-effective, 24-hours staffing pattern within the
unit(s) to meet the need of patients, labor budget and
- Participates within the department of nursing services in
establishing the standards of patient care, policies and objectives
of units; communicates such standards, policies and objectives to
unit(s) staff, patient, family and community.
- Current Nevada RN License
- BSN required - Master's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum five (5) years' experience as a RN
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in Administration with a
mminimum one (1) year in Behavioral Healthcare required
- Current CPR certification
- CPI Certification obtained within 60 days of hire
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or
non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by
using accepted intervention techniques.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in
the child or adolescent psychiatric population helpful
- Familiarity of psycho pharmacy and the use of psychotropic
medications with child, adolescent or adult psychiatric population
A full benefits package is available the first of the month
following just one (1) month of employment!
Desert Parkway offers competitive benefits to include:
- Medical insurance (three plans to choose from)
- Dental insurance (two plans to choose from)
- Vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Healthcare spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- PTO Plan with holiday premium pay
- Discounted cafeteria meal plan
- Life insurance (including plans for spouse and children)
- Short- and long-term disability (with additional buy-in
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
Keywords: Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, Las Vegas , Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!