Property Manager - Tax Credit
Company: Stout Management Company
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Summary *Manages multi-family residential real estate Tax
Credit properties for clients by performing the following duties
personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Research, analyze and prepares market survey and property rental
advertisement within community property area and city. Informs
Regional Manager of rent specials by competitive communities, new
construction or closing of businesses which could impact property
* Ensure 2 units of each floor plan are market ready at all times
based on availability. Remaining vacant units are to be "graded"
based on a percentage within turning the unit. Grading shall be as
follows; 1=Light turn (ready within 5 days); 2=Medium turn (ready
within 10-15 days); 3= Heavy turn (15+ days before market ready).
Maintain daily and provide upon request a detailed report with
explanation for all issues encountered with a grade 2 or 3 grade
* Shows or supervises leasing and renewal programs to maintain
maximum occupancy. Discusses and negotiates rental terms of lease
with prospective tenants.
* Follow Stout Management applicant qualifying criteria to review
and approve lease rental agreement contracts for lessees and
collects specified rents and other charges. Must obtain Regional
Managers approval for applicants that do not meet the qualifying
* Responsible for collection of all rents by close of books,
notification and collection of delinquencies, and process evictions
timely as required. Obtains Regional Manager approval on all
"Promise to Pay" notes after the 20th of each month.
* Prepares or directs preparation of reports on status of
properties such as weekly occupancy rates, traffic rentals, dates
of expiration of leases (renewals), property inspection, evictions
weekly, reasons report, delinquents, and outreach marketing
* Prepares and submit Daily Income Tracking Report to Regional
Manager on the 10th, 15th, 20th and end of each month.
* Conduct regular outreach market visits and maintain records of
different businesses visited.
* Responsible for tracking, maintaining and reconciling petty
* Directs and manages services costs, upkeep and maintenance costs
by using declining budget system and/or purchase order system.
* Arranges for maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property
as specified in management services or lessee's agreement.
* Ensure property inspections are performed daily including but not
limited to; vacant units, buildings, outside lights in common areas
are in working order.
* Purchases or directs purchase of supplies and equipment for use
* Personally conduct walk through of apartment inspections and
turnaround, move-ins/move-outs and contracted work.
* Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the
property, to include but not limited to:
* Issuing accurate Purchase Orders prior to work commencing or
* Work within established budget. Notify Regional Manager of any
possible variances prior to incurring the cost.
* Collect and maintain control of all Cash Receipts and
* Assure that bank deposits are made DAILY.
* Assist Regional Manager in preparation of annual budgets.
* Attend all training and managers meetings whenever they are
scheduled unless otherwise instructed by your Regional Manager.
* Employs, or contracts for services of, security, maintenance, and
grounds keeping personnel and onsite management personnel if
* Purchase necessary supplies form Stout Management Company's
authorized vendor list, making sure you stay within the properties
established budget guidelines.
* Supervise outside contractors working on property.
* Ensure residents are provided with a clean, safe, well-maintained
community by inspecting the property within the first hour of work
* Respond to all resident calls in a courteous and timely manner.
Maintain accurate conversation log and work order records.
* Maintain required office hours and proper resident notice for 24
hour emergency call service. Manager must be on call for any
emergencies on a 24 hour basis.
* For property and/or resident accidents and emergency situations,
assume leadership during emergency situations, and immediately
contact your Regional Manager to prepare and complete Crime and
Incident Reports. Never take matters into your own hands when faced
with a dangerous situation. Call 911 for police, fire or medical
* Evaluate all employee injuries. If life threatening or severe
injury call 911.
* If the employee is able, assist them to complete the Notice of
Injury (C-1) report and have employee sign. Provide employee with a
drug test form and the closes medical facility address to seek
medical attention. The employee should be escorted to the proper
* Complete workman's compensation insurance forms (SIIS-C-3).
Immediately contact HR to prepare and complete Employee Injury
incident reports (C-1) and Employee. The manager must complete
Employer's Report of Injury (C-3) immediately to be sent to the
corporate office the same day of the accident
* Responsible for on-site employees including but not limited
* Reviewing applications/resumes, interviews; selection of
candidate; receiving approval to hire from Regional Manager.
* Directing or delegating work tasks
* Annual evaluations
* Salary reviews
* Authorization and reporting of employee payroll timesheets
* Enforcing Stout employment practices and policies
* Terminations/Separation of staff.
* This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. You will be
requested to follow other instructions and be prepared to perform
any other duties requested by your supervisor.
* Maintain strict confidentially of all Stout Management Company
information and report any breach of integrity which occurs at your
property, to your Regional Manager immediately.
* Must dress and act in a professional manner as required in Stout
Management Company's dress code and Standard of Conduct.
* Prepares periodic inventory of building contents and property
condition, and forwards listing to Regional Manager for review.
* Inspect aged and/or selected vacant apartments on a daily basis
to monitor upkeep and make ready standards.
* Inspect property on a daily basis to ensure that all aspects of
the property and curb appeal meet Stout Management Company
standards. Make notes of areas where improvement is needed.
Property improvements must be reviewed with Regional Manager so
costs can be incorporated into the budget whenever possible;
emergency repairs should be remedied immediately.
* Abide by all Stout Management Company policies and procedures and
complete all required company forms.
* Keep current and adhere to all Federal, State, local laws
including Fair Housing.
* Determine and facilitate work schedules for staff to ensure work
is completed in a timely manner without incurring overtime.
Coordinate and adjust work schedules for "flex hours" when
employees are approaching overtime to adhere to payroll budgets.
Seek Regional Manager's approval for all necessary overtime hours
prior to incurring overtime at property.
Manages one subordinate supervisor, who supervises one or more
employees in the maintenance staff. Responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also
directly supervises one or more non-supervisory office employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or
technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Database software; OneSite; Yardi; Rentroll. Internet
software and Microsoft: Word; Outlook; Excel and/or other word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) (optional)
Fair Housing Certification
A Valid, Unexpired Driver's License
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak fluent Spanish may be required
Knowledge of Federal, State, and local resident and apartment laws.
Must be able to travel 20% of time for meetings, HUB runs, banking,
court house and other locations within the city.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme
heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Stout Management is a drug free work place and equal opportunity
Successful candidates must consent to a drug test and pass a
background check upon accepting this position and prior to their
start date. This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general
definition of the position's scope and function.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* LIHTC: 1 year (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Stout Management Company, Las Vegas , Property Manager - Tax Credit, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!