Company: Las Vegas Growth - Highgate Hotels
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing, coordinating,
training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s)
and Sales/Catering Administrators/Coordinators/Administrative
Assistants in all sales-related activities, including direct sales
efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also
responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new
business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or
exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to
improve the hotel's performance in the marketplace.
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all
activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel,
including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP's,
and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as
- Be responsible for developing a Manager in Development (MID or
DOSID) as assigned by the Corporate including sign-off on all
competencies, and assist in his/her placement.
- Coordinate group, transient and catering bookings to maximize
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within
your market and ensure that the Sales Team is held accountable for
those accounts within their respective territories.
- Coordinate all non-group transient sales and catering
solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Administer training in the Sales and Catering departments,
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to Highgate Hotel
- Develop quarterly KRA's, and review the KRA process with the
Sales and Catering Team to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Conduct daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting with
Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling
techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily
Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Conduct all Sales and Catering Team Performance Appraisals
according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Sales and Catering
department personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Review meeting planner evaluations as received to ensure that any
problems are rectified.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel
with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property,
and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the
hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property's computerized sales management system to
manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to)
generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff can
explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in
ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the
specified time period for each plan.
- Ensure that Sales and Catering Managers are planning and
executing sales trips as outlined in quarterly Key Result Areas
(KRA's) and in the Sales budget, including preplanning, setting
appointments and executing sales calls.
- Coordinate the preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month
reports, according to Highgate Hotel SOP's. Ensure that Sales
Managers can explain the importance and components of the
- Coordinate preparation of the annual revenue budget.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
- Coordinate and direct preparation of the monthly Rooms revenue
reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in
ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales Team
does the same.
- Understand all GDS systems.
- Understand ISIS.
- Understand loading rates into ISIS/GDS. M
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in
community and professional associations activities and events
- Entertain clients.
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing
blitzes or promotions.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program. Associated
topics: administrative, management, manager, principal, regional
sales manager, sales leader, sales management, sales manager,
supervisor, team lead
Keywords: Las Vegas Growth - Highgate Hotels, Las Vegas , Sales Director, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!