Network Manager (Manager I)
Company: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages and operates
the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S. National
Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). - Our MISSION is to help
ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Site's Cold War legacy. - Our VISION is to be the user site of
choice for large-scale, high-hazard, national security
experimentation, with premier facilities and capabilities below
ground, on the ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique
capabilities.) Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support
employees are called upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on
some of the more difficult nuclear security challenges facing the
world today. - In this environment, the best ideas need to be
voiced and every opinion matters. - As such, MSTS places great
value on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a
diverse and equitable workforce, with an inclusive culture that
values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas,
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more. -
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.
NNSS COVID-19 attestation requirements:
This leadership role is accountable for IT network infrastructure
and operations in the enterprise. The head of Enterprise Network
Services (ENS) is responsible for the effective and efficient
delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT network and
communications infrastructure used to support business process and
services across the enterprise. This is achieved through the
effective delivery of IT services through the management and
orchestration of people, products, providers and processes.
- Manage and lead the team of Network Analysts, Fiber Optic
technicians, Land Mobile Radio technicians and Microwave
- Set the mission and vision of Enterprise Network Services to
foster a business-oriented culture through continual service
- Provide leadership for the Enterprise Network Services team in
maintaining strategy and technical roadmaps, and ensuring its
integration with IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Work with the IT senior leadership team on the service
portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources,
- Act as a trusted adviser, and build and maintain relationships
with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear
understanding of business needs.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those
needs, and is able to respond with the agility required to address
changing business priorities.
- Leverage influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the
enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions
in the achievement of business goals.
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal
technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design,
development, operation and support of network and communications
systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full
life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering,
infrastructure operations and IT service support.
- Ability to accomplish staff results by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing,
coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work
environment; developing growth opportunities.
- Responsible for creating an environment where employees feel
safe to raise issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent training and
experience, plus a minimum of 11 years of related and progressively
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business
Administration, or IT Management.
- Experience managing enterprise WANs (Wide Area Networks) with
integration in metropolitan area networks.
- Understanding of networking technologies including Cisco,
Extreme, Fortinet, IPS (Internet Provider Security), IDS routing
protocols BGP (boarder gateway protocol), OSPF (open shortest path
- Understanding of VoIP technologies, Cisco, Avaya and SIP
(Session Initiation Protocol).
- Familiar with Fiber Optic DWDM (dense wave division
multiplexing) and cabling standards.
- Familiar with Land Mobile Radio and Microwave
- Demonstrable experience managing budgets and in setting the
vision, developing and executing long term strategic
- Demonstrable experience in long term planning and execution of
a program, projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience in business development and managing
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and
communicate a vision.
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and
demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in the business
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic
planning and execution skills.
- The primary work location will be at the Losee Road facility in
North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10's, Monday -
Thursday (subject to change).
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
MSTS is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug
test and background review that includes checks of personal
references, credit, law enforcement records, and
employment/education verifications. Applicants offered employment
with MSTS are also subject to a federal background investigation to
meet the requirements for access to classified information or
matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security
clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of
information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other
indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied
or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the
duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. In
addition, Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and
maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S.
citizenship, at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order -472.2,
"Personnel Security". If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e.,
of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security
clearance may be impacted.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this
level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as
defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, "Workplace Substance Abuse Programs
at DOE Sites," will be conducted. -Applicant selected will be
subject to a Federal background investigation, required to
participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, "Counterintelligence
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background
screening, drug-free workplace.
Annual salary range for this position is: $118,248.00 -
Starting salary is determined based on the position market value,
the individual candidate education and experience and internal
Keywords: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, Las Vegas , Network Manager (Manager I), Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!