Principal Project Manager - Project Management Leader (Program Management Excellence)
Company: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages and operates
the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S. National
Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). - Our MISSION is to help
ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Site's Cold War legacy. - Our VISION is to be the user site of
choice for large-scale, high-hazard, national security
experimentation, with premier facilities and capabilities below
ground, on the ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique
capabilities.) Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support
employees are called upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on
some of the more difficult nuclear security challenges facing the
world today. - In this environment, the best ideas need to be
voiced and every opinion matters. - As such, MSTS places great
value on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a
diverse and equitable workforce, with an inclusive culture that
values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas,
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more. -
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.
NNSS COVID-19 attestation requirements:
This position reports to the Manager, Program Management Excellence
(PMEX). In this role, you will manage and integrate Enterprise
projects and operations targeting improved project management for
national security programs. Successful applicants will have
senior-level understanding and experience with all aspects of
project, program, and portfolio management processes, systems,
tools, training, and implementation. This individual will work
collaboratively within a small team of Enterprise subject matter
experts to continuously improve the quality of our company
standards and implementation across a diverse set of projects and
programs, focusing on training and direct interaction with
integrated project team leads, functional managers and senior
The PMEX organization is responsible for (1) maintaining Enterprise
project management processes and tools, (2) developing and
delivering project management training course materials, (3)
executing the project management surveillance program, and (4)
assisting and mentoring project managers and integrated teams. This
individual will be responsible for championing and leading these
core deliverables and to train, assist, coach, and mentor project
personnel and teams.
- Champion and lead development and execution of multiple
simultaneous efforts to support program and project management
teams across the Enterprise as assigned.
- Assist with Enterprise Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Governance activities and implementation of processes within
capital line item project teams.
- Lead and/or assist with project management surveillance program
to assure process application to standards.
- Develop and deploy web-based and classroom project management
related training courses.
- Assist with development of Enterprise project management
applications targeting improved project management
- Support and integrate project management and project controls
processes and applications.
- Update company procedures, directives, policies, forms, or work
instructions related to project management and project
- Champion, lead, or participate in continuous improvement
- Support business and project reviews, information requests data
collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop relationships with program and project teams to better
understand process application and alignment with business
- Gather and analyze information on project management processes
and execution to develop continuous improvement opportunities that
deliver increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Leverage process mapping, risk mitigation, and control planning
to assure robust, stable and repeatable process outcomes in all
phases of project management.
- Develop and coordinate long-range plans that enable functional
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent training and
experience plus at least 8 years' related professional experience,
which included at least 4 years' as adesignated Project
- Project management and controls experience and responsibilities
should include: - Project initiating, planning and definition,
executing and controlling, and closeout.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining a certified earned
value management system.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Planning and Scheduling
Professional (PSP), or Earned Value Professional (EVP)
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience with DOE-PM30 EVMS Certification processes
- Experience with Primavera P6 and Deltek Cobra applications
- Roll up your sleeves, hands on, results oriented individual
contributor. Highly effective at planning, organizing, and
executing goals and strategies in project management.
- Expert level understanding and application of industry best
practices and guidelines for project management and project
- Proficient in interpreting, tailoring, and applying EIA-748
Earned Value Management Guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project performance,
developing and instructing project management educational
materials, and implementing project management
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management information
systems and integrating cost and schedule tools.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise database management,
data mining, analysis, and modeling techniques. Ability to
manipulate large amounts of data with minimal errors.
- Championing and leading continuous improvement
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills, including
knowledge of how and when to escalate issues to higher levels.
Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions. - Use
cost/benefit analysis in decision-making.
- Leadership and team building experience, able to work
effectively in a team environment.
- Successful track record of accomplishments through skilled use
of influence, persuasion, negotiation, and problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with
excellent presentation skills; communicate complex issues
succinctly and effectively to all levels of leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
- Accept work at multiple sites - (1) the Losee Road facility in
North Las Vegas, Nevada, and (2) the NNSS (Nevada National Security
Site) located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10's, Monday -
Thursday (subject to change).
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
MSTS is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug
test and background review that includes checks of personal
references, credit, law enforcement records, and
employment/education verifications. Applicants offered employment
with MSTS are also subject to a federal background investigation to
meet the requirements for access to classified information or
matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security
clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of
information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other
indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied
or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the
duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. In
addition, Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and
maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S.
citizenship, at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order -472.2,
"Personnel Security". If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e.,
of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security
clearance may be impacted.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this
level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as
defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, "Workplace Substance Abuse Programs
at DOE Sites," will be conducted. -Applicant selected will be
subject to a Federal background investigation, required to
participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, "Counterintelligence
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background
screening, drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, Las Vegas , Principal Project Manager - Project Management Leader (Program Management Excellence), Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!