Executive Wine Director at Spiegelworld Corporate
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Founded in 2006, Spiegelworld is a quirk force of 550+
organizers, agitators, dreamers, doers, insiders, outsiders and
iconoclasts of every flavor, on a mission to make the world a more
art-filled, inspired and playful place, one unforgettable memory at
a time. Scope Spiegelworld is looking for an experienced Wine
Director to join its corporate team to support current operations
and new concepts. This position will be responsible for developing,
overseeing, and operating a competitively priced, thoughtfully
curated, expertly executed wine program that is well-received by
our guests, profitable to the business, and consistent with our
brand. The Wine Director is expected to oversee all outlets under
the Spiegelworld umbrella, be globally, and wide in its breadth,
creative and complimentary to the food experience. The offerings
should all be of the highest caliber in terms of product and
execution. The ideal candidate will thrive in a creative
environment. This role is responsible for curating the vision of
the wine program and is ultimately accountable for the wine
program's success. The Wine Director will be invited to participate
in, influence and contribute to Spiegelworld's BEAF (Beverage,
Entertainment, Art & Food) experience). This position will work
closely with our Executive Beverage Director and reports directly
to the Vice President of Hospitality. Responsibilities The
following job functions are some, but not all, of those that will
be essential to your position:
- Building a wine beverage program that exceeds the guests'
expectations and provides strong leadership while living our vision
and values. Using thoughtful creativity to enhance our guests'
- Providing the necessary guidance, training, and systems to
ensure goals are met in sales, in budgeted cost of sales, and in
- Managing monthly beverage inventories, stock control, costing,
purchasing, and budgeting.
- Training the staff in wine offerings, general beverage
knowledge, and service; mentoring, coaching and inspiring the
staff; sourcing talent, interviewing wine sommeliers, hiring, and
staffing the restaurant.
- Actively developing F&B knowledge and instilling excitement
and passion for food, beverage, and service in their team.
Conducting regular education sessions for staff on products and
- Participating in service/culinary education sessions
- Teaching, training, and reinforcing our company culture and
standards of professionalism and hospitality.
- Manage administrative tasks which includes but is not limited
to menu updates, inventory management, reviewing sommeliers labor
scheduling, payroll, and other duties as required by the beverage
- Attending wine fairs, wine tastings seminars, visiting
wineries, building relationships.
- Researching accessibility for fine wines, and negotiating
preferred purchase programs.
- Creating a business model to introduce bulk purchasing and
aging wine, potentially having a centralized wine storage
- Maintaining strong working relationships with the various
leaders in management, ownership, resort partners, and
- Understanding of the competitive market, business trends, and
making proactive decisions to ensure profitability and growth.
- Providing an unwavering commitment to excellence and
hospitality, demonstrating it in every interaction and taking
ownership on wine related of guest feedback
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with our
- Maintaining a complete knowledge of:
- All food menu items, specifications, and allergens.
- Wine regions of the world, bottlings, verbiage, pairings,
pricing, and the like.
- Outlet standards for organization of back bar, service well,
and storage areas.
- Origins, operations, and concept/branding points of the
- knowledge and understanding of the CBA and operate in
accordance with union representation to create a cohesive working
- Helping promote a safe and clean environment for guests and
co-worker by following all health and safety regulations.
- Holding and attending regular operational meetings to ensure
effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Following uniform and appearance standards.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company,
division and department.
- Further duties not currently listed in this outline may be
added at the manager's discretion.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a fine dining
restaurant in a senior-level management role overseeing a
world-class beverage program, including bar and wine.
- Sommelier level 3 or higher at an accredited institution
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel (or equivalent)
as well as a working knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) systems and
- Experienced in daily fine dining restaurant operations and
- Maintain expert knowledge of the characteristics and
description of all spirits, beer, and every wine/champagne by the
glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Exhibit proper knowledge, selling techniques, service, and
delivery of food and both non and alcoholic beverages.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality with a strong
commitment to excellence in hospitality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with
all business contacts, guests, team members including management,
fellow employees and guests.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Proven people management, motivation, and development skills to
be an inspirational leader to the service team. Experience managing
union staff is a plus
- Passion for ensuring you and the service team deliver the
highest standards consistently and ensuring that the guest is at
the center of the experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in an always
changing, never dull, creative environment that creates memorable
- Possesses excellent communication (written and verbal),
financial acumen and business management abilities.
- Able to work in a nightlife atmosphere with loud music and
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work the
occasional nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Following a conditional offer of employment, able to show proof
of being fully vaccinated, able to get vaccinated within the first
60 days of employment, or have a qualifying medical or religious
- Following a conditional offer of employment, able to show proof
of being fully vaccinated, able to get vaccinated within 7 days, or
have a qualifying medical or religious exception.
- Willing to participate in employer-paid COVID-19 Mitigation
protocols which include testing and onsite screening.
- Must have valid work authorization for the US Preferred:
- Experience opening a restaurant or bar, including training and
setting standards for staff as well as creating SOPs for front and
back of house.
- Sommelier experiences gained in a fine dining restaurant
- Management positions held within multi-outlet hotel/resort
integrated F+B programs.
- Spirits and advanced wine certification.
- Previous experience in special events / banquet functions and
operations. From free benefits to competitive pay, Spiegelworld is
proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to
our eligible part-time and full-time employees. Benefits include
100% employer paid health coverage for employees, access to a
network of support for our employees' health & well-being, and
vacation time & paid time off including holiday pay opportunities.
What's more, Spiegelworld offers employee discounts on goods and
services that will help our employees live a better and healthier
Keywords: Spiegelworld, Las Vegas , Executive Wine Director at Spiegelworld Corporate, Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...