Assistant General Manager - Aureole (Mandalay Bay)
Company: MGM Resorts International
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Location:Las Vegas, NevadaBecome one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant General Manager of Aureole to oversee the daily operations of the restaurant while maintaining staffing and cost controls and providing strategic leadership and direction for all departments within the division. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Mandalay Bay policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and the division.
- Communicates daily with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on large parties of expected VIPs.
- Opens/closes shift, including logbook and pre-meal briefing.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Oversees all aspects of service, inventory control and labor management to operate the restaurant efficiently and cost effectively.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience.
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of restaurant and communicate expectations to Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments.
- Develops and implements strategic plan and vision for the division consistent with the property's strategic vision.
- Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations, and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability.
- Provides leadership for the division's Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Establishes positive guest relations with all patrons of the restaurant. Maintains a rapport with guest and complies with all requests and meets guest expectations to build a positive reputation and return business.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef in researching and creating new recipes a well as seasonal menus to satisfy guest preferences and expectations. Ensures the guest's special culinary requests are met.
- Responds to unusual events or circumstances requiring high - level management attention and informs the VP and Director of Food and Beverage of situations requiring his/her attention.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Supervises dining room and kitchen activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product and service.
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of restaurant to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control.
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing/supervising staff and scheduling.
- Working knowledge of the Food and Beverage division, budgeting, profit and loss statement, labor costs, food and beverage costs, and operation expenses.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Keywords: MGM Resorts International, Las Vegas , Assistant General Manager - Aureole (Mandalay Bay), Executive , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!