Medical ICU Nurse
Company: Sunrise Hospital
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Doyou have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you
enjoy working in afast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-start your career in ourMedical ICU department. Submit your
Weare seeking a Medical ICU RN for our center to ensure that we
continueto provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.
We are an amazingteam that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenaladdition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want youto apply now!
Position: Registered Nurse Critical Care Department: Medical
The Medical ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill
patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Weoffer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and
growth opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program. We would love totalk to you about this fantastic
SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER Serving the community for
nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center with 762 beds,
provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern
Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides
sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer
Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the
American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold
Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing
Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of professionalnursing. BSN
- Currentlicensure in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- CurrentCertifications Required: ACLS, BCLS, NIHSS. Preferred:
- Passingscore on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation
- Minimum (two) years of current ICU experience.
- Currentknowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of
- Customer service abilities including effectivelistening
- Ability to communicatein a clear, concise manner appropriate to
the developmental stage of thepatient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and theability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequentstanding,
walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, liftingof
patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposureto patient
elements and handling of emergencies and critical
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, coronary, mhb,
neonatal, nurse clinical, registed, surgical, tcu
Keywords: Sunrise Hospital, Las Vegas , Medical ICU Nurse, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!