Nurse Supervisor (Pool)
Company: Encompass Health
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 23, 2021
More personalized patient care
More professional impact
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as Nurse Supervisor (Pool), you'll be the connection
between more personal, exceptional care and the positive effect it
has on patients. Take this chance to have an impact on each patient
in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of
your clinical and management skills with national post-acute care
leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different-and Better
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special:
A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients' lives
each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health
offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on
their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries,
neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and
cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals
and regain independence, you can form significant relationships
with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than
just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the
values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep
learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better
way to care. At Encompass Health, you'll find something decidedly
different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging,
inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that
is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with
this engaging opportunity:
Nurse Supervisor (Pool)
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Pool, Nurse Supervisor
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the
development and implementation of patient care programs, policies,
and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care,
treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met. This
position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the
delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and
accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and
sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an
on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served
in the hospital.
Job Code: 100374
License Or Certification
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within
one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the
eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training And Years Of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an
inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead
capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue
resolution, setting direction and had accountability for
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining
a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency Or Productivity Standards
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 1250 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas 89102
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Keywords: Encompass Health, Las Vegas , Nurse Supervisor (Pool), Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!