Registered Nurse (RN) per-diem
Company: LORIAN HEALTH
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Lorian Health is an established home health agency seeking
energetic candidates--to join our team of skilled professionals.
Lorian is currently looking for Per-Diem Registered Nurse (RN)to
provide care to our patients in Las Vegas.Per-Diem Registered Nurse
(RN)Job SummaryPer-Diem Registered Nurse (RN) plans, organizes and
directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with
emphasis on community health education/experience within applicable
laws and regulations and the policies of Lorian Health (LORIAN).
Coordinates Plan of Care, with the patient/client, their
caregiver(s) and the interdisciplinary team.--Responsibilities
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function
effectively in the home health care setting where assigned.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient/client status by:
- Reviewing and implementing the Plan of Care (POC) with
- Regularly re-evaluating patient/client needs
- Revising the POC as necessary
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the
- Initiates and coordinates appropriate preventative,
therapeutic, and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques
and maintains communication regarding patient/client care with the
physician and supervisory personnel.
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant
clinical notes regarding patients/clients condition and care given
in accordance with LORIAN policies and procedures.
- Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly observes the patient/client for changes in condition,
discusses changes with the patient/client or family/caregiver,
documents and reports changes, as necessary, to the attending
- Assists the patient/client with the activities of daily living
and facilitates the patients/clients effort toward self-sufficiency
- Teaches the patient/client and family/caregiver self care
techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet, and other
instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and
utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients/clients
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the
- Listens to the patient and caregivers and responds to concerns
or requests, as appropriate.
- Assists the patients/clients and family/caregiver and all other
health care personnel in providing continuity of care.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Performs within the limits of preparation and experience.
- Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform a specialized
procedure (such as IV therapy) only when qualified with special
training, proven competency, clinical background, and expertise in
the specialty area.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attending and participation in continuing education,
in-services and clinical meetings.
- --Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control polices and protocols.
- Maintains confidential patient records in accordance with
privacy and security standards of the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable state laws.
Required Education and Experience
- A graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN
- Currently licensed to practice as a RN in the state of
- If IV certified, is currently certified and recognized by the
state where currently practicing as an RN.
- Has one (1) year acute nursing experience in medical, surgical,
and/or critical care experience. Home Health experience preferred.
- Clinical knowledge of various disease processes, proficient in
performing head-to-toe assessments, wound care, blood draws,
administering IV therapies, maintenance of PICC line, etc., per
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification (BLS
- Possess and maintains a valid driver's license.
- Possess and maintains an automobile that is insured in
accordance with LORIAN requirements.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document
care given in the patients' electronic medical record.
- Possesses excellent observation, good nursing judgment, and
good oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directing and has the ability to work with little
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling the role
- Ability to work with adults (18 years and older), demonstrating
tact and patience. --Physical Requirements
- Is able to present a pre-employment physical which states they
are free from health conditions which would interfere with the
employee's ability to perform assigned duties, is free from signs
or symptoms of infectious disease and is signed by the person who
performed the assessment. A similar physical is required annually
- Is able to pass a pre-employment Protein Purified Derivative
(PPD) tuberculin skin test and annually thereafter. If unable to
pass PPD testing or have history of positive PPD testing, a Chest
X-ray will be required of a new employee and every five (5) year
- Maybe subjected to prolonged standing or sitting.
- Able to lift, position, or transfer patients as needed.
- Considerable amount of reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or
- Maybe exposed to viruses, diseases, infections, or unhealthy
environments within the patients' home. --Equipment Used
- Motor Vehicle
- Variety of Durable Medical Equipment [in home pumps, wound vac,
suction, drains, etc.] --The above statements are only meant to be
a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be
requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in
Keywords: LORIAN HEALTH, Las Vegas , Registered Nurse (RN) per-diem, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!