Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Luke & Associates
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
Site Of Service
- Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV-
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited community college,
junior college, college, university or vocational nursing program
approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of
the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was
completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing
Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate
Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: Three years of practical or vocational nurse
experience after graduation.
- Licensure: Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a
practical or vocational nurse.
- Other Certifications: BLS through American Heart Association.
Must be hands on course
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be
- Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to
- Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for
extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing
care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients'
conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and
sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize,
report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care,
including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical,
subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform
treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek
assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate
emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or
specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the
patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and
handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment,
and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and
following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and
procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in
improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and
their families and employee satisfaction.
- 40 hours per clinic work week
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be
able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on
multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with
various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management
skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline
intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and
willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding
Keywords: Luke & Associates, Las Vegas , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!