Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOIN CORECIVIC AND GIVE HOPE TO SOMEONE IN YOUR CARE!At
CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the
lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the
industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even
more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking Psychologists who
have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. CoreCivic employ over 100 psychologists and
other mental health professionals who provide clinical services,
assessment, consultation, program evaluation and staff development
in the fast-paced environment of partnership corrections. The
Psychologist plans and implements all professional psychological
service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility.
Coordinates and directs the activities of personnel engaged in
providing psychological services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on
review of available records, and clinical interviews with
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical
staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers,
physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide
information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure
treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and
modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs
and level of functioning.
- Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing
areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and
confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of
inmates in crisis.
- Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical,
educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to
gather information and understanding into the reasons for the
escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health
condition of inmates.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with
company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice
psychology in the state where practice occurs.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one
year in a comparable position.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Las Vegas , Psychologist, Healthcare , Pahrump, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!