Clinical Documentation Specialist - Remote
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you are a dedicated professional who loves what you do, likes
having fun at work, and proactively solves challenges, we'd like to
hear from you!
Lingraphica is a mission-driven organization who provides
speech-generating devices to help improve communication, speech,
and quality of life for people with aphasia. We look for candidates
who enjoy working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, and
who share our commitment to helping individuals on their aphasia
Purpose: The Clinical Documentation Specialist is responsible for
obtaining all necessary clinical and client paperwork required to
secure funding of a Speech Generating Device. The role requires
consistent communication with Speech Language Pathologists,
Clients, Caregivers, and other Professionals. The ideal candidate
will have experience with collecting and reviewing medical
documentation, customer service, HIPAA (Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability), and electronic paperwork
Major Objectives, Responsibilities and Tactics:
- Obtains recommendation paperwork from the speech language
pathologist (SLP) in a timely manner.
- Maintains diligent organization of documents using Adobe and
internal software tools.
- Reviews the completed documentation for thorough and accurate
information in adherence with medical necessity guidelines.
- Develops and maintains relationships with SLPs.
- Assists and provides guidance and support to SLPs during the
paperwork process via email and phone conference.
- Fully understands the trial procedures and Lingraphica's
products to address questions and concerns and keep the process
- Accurately and timely documents trial activities and
correspondence using company's internal software tools.
- Contributes on special projects, as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
- Highly organized
- Exhibits strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
through both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple and shifting
- Ability to support cross-functional teams and the ability to
understand and translate business issues into actionable
- Ability to take on new challenges and work outside of one's
- Ability to resolve issues from SLPs in a professional and
- A team player with overall company goals in mind.
- Ability to maintain proper, courteous, and helpful telephone
- Possess an extreme sense of urgency and willingness to go above
and beyond to complete tasks.
- Ability to comfortably interface with various users across the
- Experience in reviewing medical documentation
- 1-2 years in customer service or healthcare administration,
preferably in a medical/rehab/therapy setting
- High School Diploma, required
- Associate's or Bachelor's, preferred
- Experience with Adobe, Microsoft Suite, Hubspot, cloud-based
phone systems, video meetings (such as zoom), instant messaging
systems (such as Slack).
Full time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET/CT time
Travel Requirements (on-hold Due To COVID)
Travel to home office for annual company meetings and other events
approximately 2-4 times per year.
Travel to national conventions and conferences, as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
In office: Work environment is that of a typical office
environment. Noise level is low to moderate.
Remote: Incumbent works from home and is expected to maintain a
safe, productive work environment with secure internet access.
Must be able to operate a computer with or without a reasonable
Accommodations: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demand
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability abilities and physical
demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
To learn more about Lingraphica, visit: www.lingraphica.com!
Keywords: Lingraphica, Las Vegas , Clinical Documentation Specialist - Remote, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!