Company: Capability Health and Human Services
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Using a client centered model, within the confines of the
Capability Health and Human Services
clinic, as well as using a parent educational model in the Early
Intervention program, a Physical
Therapist will help the client develop or regain physical or mental
functioning by implementing
programs to improve motor delays, conditions and other issues. The
Physical Therapist performs
other administrative duties as may be required in support of the
program goals and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops ideas, plans, and procedures for initiation,
expansion, improvement, and evaluation oftherapy programs.
- Completes initial evaluations and re-evaluations for patients
in the program; examines thecondition of patients and analyzes
their needs; determines the need for a physical therapy
evaluation and selects and administers appropriate assessment tools
to evaluate the patient.
- Prepares reports and attends multidisciplinary case meeting to
decide and review the continuingtreatment.
- Maintains clinical and administrative records in accordance
with professional standards, stateguidelines and agency system
policy; adheres to federal and state regulation, and policies
affect physical therapy practice.
- Participates in continuing education for professional
development to ensure practice consistentwith best practice and to
meet Nevada Licensure requirements.
- Participates in bi-monthly staff meetings; attends staff
- Attends Staff Trainings
- Case assignment will be dictated at the discretion of
Capability Health needs in the EarlyIntervention and outpatient
- Manages patients with different types of personalities
- Interprets evaluation data and writes comprehensive reports
that reflect strengths and barriers toclient participation; directs
program development; and guides evidence-based intervention.
- Uses professional Code of Ethics and standards of practice to
guide ethical decision making inpractice.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Skills and
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work in an environment with individuals with severe
disabilities who may bedevelopmentally and behaviorally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
pertaining to the work environment.Qualifications (education,
training, experience, licenses)
- Initial certification by National Board for Physical Therapy
- Current Physical Therapy License from the State of Nevada
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children
using knowledge of treatmentpractices per discipline required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge of the federal, state local legislation, regulations,
policies and procedures thatmandate and guide physical therapy in
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, use hands to handle
or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach
with hands, lift arms above and below
shoulder level, occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to
75lbs. On regular occasions lift and/or move up to 50lbs and can
request assistance if needed. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.
This position will require up to 80% travel within the service
delivery area. This position will be out in
the Las Vegas or Reno area outdoor weather conditions, including
extreme heat, extreme cold, wind, poor
air quality and wet or humid conditions, etc.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, skills, efforts, requirements or
working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended
to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to
require that other or different tasks be
performed as assigned.
Keywords: Capability Health and Human Services, Las Vegas , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!