Experienced Laboratory Analyst - offering $1K sign-on bonus!
Company: SGS North America
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description We are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this
opportunity!Our Las Vegas, NV laboratory is looking for an
experienced Industrial Hygiene Laboratory Analyst to join their
Optical team! The Laboratory Analyst assists the Optical Laboratory
Supervisor and Optical Laboratory Manager in preparation and
analysis of environmental and industrial hygiene samples using
polarized light microscopy and phase contrast microscopy. This is a
full-time, benefited position at 40 hours per week with the
possibility of overtime. The ideal candidate must be available to
work Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm and after hours,
including some weekends.Qualifications
- Associate's degree in a science-related field, preferably
Geology or other physical science.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience working with asbestos
- Candidate should be detail oriented, organized and able to work
with a minimum of supervision
- Great communication skills - both verbal and written are
- Experience with a microscope required
- Experience with Polarized Light Microscopy
- Experience with Phase Contrast Microscopy
- Experience working with a LIMS application
- Knowledge of EPA, NIOSH and OSHA methodology a plus
- Follows Company and Departmental SOPs to ensure accurate and
repeatable reporting of results.
- Adheres to the Quality Assurance Program, documenting and
taking corrective action when necessary.
- Successfully completes required training courses and in-house
- Notifies and relinquishes samples to a Supervisor if additional
expertise is required.
- Adheres to Health & Safety, housekeeping, and instrument
calibration and maintenance requirements.
- Periodically analyzes proficiency samples.
- Maintains equipment and instruments as required.
- Performs other technical duties as required by the laboratory
- Participates in professional development activities (e.g.,
publication of papers, active participation in appropriate
organizations, attending classes and seminars, etc.)
- Conforms to all applicable policies and procedures of the
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with
the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy and
precision.Additional Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons
in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, Las Vegas , Experienced Laboratory Analyst - offering $1K sign-on bonus!, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!