Clinical RN Nurse Attending-PICU and CVICU Units
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Posting Note: *Evening shift Exempt**This position supports the
PICU and CVICU units on our Main Campus. Looking to hire an
experienced RN leader. This is a direct patient care role. This
person will work alongside the bedside nurses. Must be a clinical
expert with a good base of knowledge in Improving best practice,
plan of care and evidence based practices. Must have national
nursing certification and advanced degree or in program at time of
The Clinical Nurse Attending is a leadership position focused on
the clinical management of patients. The Clinical Nurse Attending
prepares highly skilled nurses focused on improving quality and
safety outcomes for patients or patient populations. The Clinical
Nurse Attending assumes accountability for patient-care outcomes
through the translation of evidence-based information to design,
implement, and evaluate patient-care processes and models of care
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.Position
- Clinical Expertise
- Facilitates nursing interventions based on risk anticipation
and other evidence to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Assists with change initiatives to decrease or eliminate
discrepancies between actual practices and identified standards of
- Assesses actual and anticipated health risk discrepancies in
the individualized plan of care.
- Utilizes best available evidence to facilitate practice change
that results in improving quality, safety and fiscally responsible
- Utilizes performance tools (e.g., health care dashboards,
reports, etc.) to access patient statistics in real-time and apply
evidence-based interventions to improve patient care and promote
- Coaches, delegates, and supports healthcare team members in the
performance of nursing procedures and processes with a focus on
safety and competence.
- Mentors and coaches new and experienced nurses and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Quality Improvement and Safety
- Evaluates patient handoffs and transitions of care to improve
- Communicates to the interprofessional healthcare team,
patients, and caregivers current quality and safety guidelines and
nurse sensitive indicators (HAI bundles, safety elements,
- Functions as part of an interprofessional team by
communicating, planning, and implementing care directly with other
healthcare professionals, including physicians, pharmacists, social
workers, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners.
- Promotes a culture of safety using high reliability
- Information Technology and Data
- Collects and utilizes data to generate evidence for nursing
- Provides input in the design of data and data resources that
generate meaningful evidence for clinical practice.
- Interprets patterns and trends in data to evaluate outcomes of
care and compare to other recognized benchmarks.
- Uses performance measures and information technology to assess
and improve the delivery of evidence-based practices.
- Organizational and Systems Leadership
- Collaborates within the healthcare team to focus on the
delivery of patient-centered care.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals, including
physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurse managers and others, to
plan, implement and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Participates in a shared leadership model to make
recommendations for improvements in care delivery.
- Collaboration and Communication
- Demonstrates a leadership role in enhancing group dynamics and
managing group conflicts.
- Demonstrates professional and effective communication skills,
including verbal, non-verbal, written, and virtual abilities.
- Facilitates the integration of healthcare services across the
continuum of care with the overall objective of influencing,
achieving and sustaining high quality care.
- Facilitates collaborative, interprofessional approaches and
strategies in the coordination, and evaluation of patient-centered
- Facilitates transitions across care settings to support
patients and families to improve care outcomes.
- Advocates for patients within the healthcare delivery system to
effect quality, safe, and value-based outcomes.
- Health Promotion
- Engages in partnerships at multiple levels of the health system
to ensure effective coordination, delivery, and evaluation of
clinical prevention and health promotion interventions and services
across care environments.
- Implements strategies for encouraging a culture of inquiry
within the healthcare delivery team.
- Disseminates changes in practice and improvements to internal
and external audiences.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested. by
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Las Vegas , Clinical RN Nurse Attending-PICU and CVICU Units, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!